My *!@# pygmy wethers ruined my neighbor's truck

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Now I have animal control after me.

I have as yet been unable to devise a pen that will keep him in. I think I have to put him on Craigslist.

I have had him since he was born- I watched his mom die of polio and vowed I would never get rid of her babies.

I am heartbroken.

goatsandmore

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Now I have animal control after me.

I have as yet been unable to devise a pen that will keep him in. I think I have to put him on Craigslist.

I have had him since he was born- I watched his mom die of polio and vowed I would never get rid of her babies.

I am heartbroken.
It happens, First secret of goats is get everything away from the fence, we only have 3 ft fence and never have a problem with them getting out, course the pic below is when we let them out they went right for the car..

905_billy_on_car.jpg

Don :cool:

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They don't jump over the fence- what they do is work on it pushing and pushing and pushing until they bend the wire and then squeeze out underneath.

FlightsofFancy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a goat that will test every fence line. It is a game for her. We have now put her in the buck pen with the sheep and goat pannel. It can not be bent and she can not wiggle under it. Here is a picture of it at tractor supply.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/fencin...ot-panel-sheep-goat-16-ft-l-x-48-in-h-3610359

However, at our old farm we ended up lineing the bottom of the fence with 4x4's and cinder blocks. We also drove metal rods through the fence into the ground. Very attractive, I know, but it worked!!!

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes, you'll have to stand electric or build a tighter fence.

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
This would be so much easier if I weren't alone and broke. Sigh. The things we do for love.

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well I think if they want to get out, they get out--for now, put him or them in a run, wood pallets are free here, run wood panels on the outside of the run, I would also cover the run, cause if he can't get out at the bottom, he may try to get out over the top. My brother had pygmies and I think they are escape artists. :/

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Mine push and push until they can slide underneath also...it's soooooo frustrating trying to keep them in when all they want to do is get out. :/ We just finished the fence for their new yard today, finally. :weee It's much bigger and hopefully they'll be happier in there. My husband went to Academy and bought a few packages of tent stakes, and now we're going to go stake the fence down to the ground...one stake half way between fence posts, all the way around. I think it will work to keep them from pushing and going underneath the new fence...fairly cheap solution, too! I sure hope it works... :fl

Latest posts