My *!@# pygmy wethers ruined my neighbor's truck

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
What happened is that he got into a fight with the goat in the reflection on the stainless steel panels on my neighbor's race car trailer. It can't be fixed so it must be replaced. He is getting an estimate and he will let me know. I wonder if my homeowner's insurance will cover it? He seems to think it is going to be rather expensive.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh, wow.. That really sucks, but I can totally see how that might happen.

:(

Best of luck to you.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I have to admit that the picture in my mind of your goat head butting his reflection in the neighbor's trailer is funny! :gig

Unfortunately, aluminum is expensive to fix/replace. The trailers are significantly more expensive to buy too. I would check your insurance policy. They may not cover farm animal damage.

goatgirl123

Just born
Reaction score
I would seriously get some advice on your responsibilities for the trailer. Replacing is costly. But he cannot hold you responsible to replace the entirety when just an area is damaged. Age & condition of the trailer come into play as well. Hopefully he is not just someone looking to get a new trailer. Get advice from an attorney and your home owner's insurance. If you do a little research...you can find free legal advice available. Good luck.

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
ugh... sorry. and i agree with goatgirl123. most atty's will let you talk with them for the first hr for free - and no its not weird for you to do that... remember that attorneys like to dispense wisdom (or is that, they like to hear themselves talk??? just kiddin)

good luck - let us know how it goes.

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I know this happened a while ago but I do have an update.

My homeowner's insurance paid my neighbor almost $4,600 for the damage. Hooray!!!

FarmerChick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
WOW HC
that is great.

you paid the premiums, now time for them to pay up like they should.

ya hoo!!!!

hikerchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
yeah, I got my money's worth this year; and now I am leaving the house so they can't jack up my premium.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Thank goodness the insurance took care of it. That is what it is for anyway. Good for you and glad it worked out.