mygoldendoe - deer, rabbits, &more(?)

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I feel like the more we work on ourselves and the house, the less time for people and internet we have. which in a way is great! But its also sad since my only communication with friends who all moved off is strictly online..

today was productive with getting inside ready for first walk through and I clipped every rabbits nails (except babies and pregger does due on the 4th). took forever but I loved the cuddles and that no one fights me. they just sit happily and let me do what I gotta do. a lot more patient with me than my own kids LOL.
Oh, but the best news is we have someone whose seriously interested in the house now. Shes never bought a home before (just rented apartments) her plan of action with getting bank approval and other paperwork timeline meshes with ours (getting G's land physically ready for placing a house we plan to buy) so its very promising. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much tho, as its let me down before...

I'm also trying to sell our mini rexs so that we can invest in standard sized rexes...but my only source of selling (other than the sell forum here) is facebook; yet, they don't actually allow animal sell posts.. so its difficult to work around that..our local buyers are meat buyers so they don't want the mini rexes..
i do have a local place I could sell at (where I got a few of my meat mutts when we first started out) but few months ago a man had it shut down again:rant bc his animals have bird flu and another man is selling the babies too young (they happen to be related) and its running all the animal buyers off. I wish they'd just leave so us responsible ones could have good go. I cant trust selling them there bc I never know if they'll end up with that man who doesn't uses standard size cages for their weight/size and chronically sells the diseased ones. I even refuse to sell to my MIL bc she has horrible small cages and doesn't feed them right. Shes been raising them for years longer than me and doesn't trim nails or know how to natural medicate..I get so mad when she goes on and on about wanting to buy ours bc of how large our rabbits are and she wishes hers weren't so puny :smack:duc
:rolleyes:

well I'm off to upload the collages I made of the rabbits to the sell forum..since I cant use them on fb and spent hours with the kids frustrating me til I'm cry trying to get it done only to not be able to use them except here and I dunno if anyone near me is even looking for any... all well..itll work out I suppose. it has too right?

Attachments

• WP_20171125_12_17_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20171125_12_17_12_Pro.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 90

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest Craig's List as a potential listing site? It's far from perfect, but the price to list is right, and it has become a mainstay for hobby farmers.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Might I suggest Craig's List as a potential listing site? It's far from perfect, but the price to list is right, and it has become a mainstay for hobby farmers.
IV only ever bought from Craigslist..ill have to read up on its uses rules. I know IV seems one ppls phone numbers and emails publicly listed so I'm kinda weary about using it if there isn't option to communicate through the website itself.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Latestarter beat me to it.
AGAIN!
;)

You do NOT have to publicly list your phone number. You can have people email through Craig's List, your email isn't shown. And you can set up a "for this only" email on Google or elsewhere so you can communicate with the interested buyers without using your primary email.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Your bunnies all have such beautiful coloring! Wishing you all the luck with your rabbits. Getting ready for deer season yet? ;)

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
aw yes I been ready! too bad the work scheduals don't work out better this season. its hard pressed to find a babysitter for me to go since my husbands working so much extra right now.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
aw yes I been ready! too bad the work scheduals don't work out better this season. its hard pressed to find a babysitter for me to go since my husbands working so much extra right now.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well I'm not sure what's the deal..I have the hardest time logging into this site. and almost always the computer says the site doesn't exist. even if I use shortcuts...the way iv logged in this time was by googling the site (wouldn't load the official site link) had to click a forum link and it loaded (to my great surprise) I had though it was fluke bc of bad weather btwn my last two logs but its been constant since....

other than that, I do have good stuff to blog. we finally found someone to log the land for the wood, super happy the wood is getting great use and its finally getting cleared. I was able to find a canner on a really good sale. the best one iv found in all my year of researching and stalking sites. its an all American 25qt. it has ability to hold 7 qt jars at a time. so yeah SUPER happy for the size and quality! my husband said he was happy i found it on sale and could earn half the cost myself so he only had to pay half. LOL wer frugal and he's prideful on no handouts so it made him happy. LOL I must say I'm ok with handout better than him. my friend was going to throw out a broken laptop, that I fixed (used my brothers windows cd tho) but it works now, so per her words: I fix it,I get to keep it!
I'm feeling super better about things in general, and its been awhile for that.. we went through a lot of difficulty last year.. (having ppl not go thru with buying the house, husbands wreck and his work stuff, appliances and vehicles constantly breaking down and some all at the same time, my thyroid issues and how its impacting things, but it peeked when my husband hurt his back at work again.) but with last 2 months of good luck and being out there I'm hopeful. I had found a new dr that finally lets me have the thyroid med I wanted (and its as amazing as I thought) I found a set of vitamins that work with my medication and seeing even more improvement. like am I really getting back to the person I was 4yrs ago? I think even better than that. I think everyone has their year(s) that mesh for them. if couples are lucky they have alternating years..i think me and mine share years being good or bad. LOL THis year? this year already looking brighter than last so even if only these 3mo are best all year its still better than whole of last year LOL

and hopefully I can have the site work out better tho. Its so strange it doesn't want to log in directly or through direct google link..