Need advice

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
My doe went into labor earlier today pull the buck because it only presented one leg. He is fine about 930 945 the other water broke and still has not delivered ( she did pass a complete placenta about 35 -45 mins before that. She won't let me look or check

autumnprairie

Reaction score
My doe went into labor earlier today pull the buck because it only presented one leg. He is fine about 930 945 the other water broke and still has not delivered ( she did pass a complete placenta about 35 -45 mins before that. She won't let me look or check
404 am still no kid but still feels full and still won't let me check her. Other than the normal goo it looks ok

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My exp. had been that once the afterbirth comes that's it. No more babies.
If you had to pull very hard to get the baby out then I would do whatever I had to in order to monitor her temp. There could be some damage to the uterus or other areas involved.
As for her feeling and looking still full, it may take some time to go down.
As long as she is eating and drinking and not running a temp and otherwise acting normal I would not worry.
I put my girls in a stall when they kid. That way I can do what ever I need to easily. I put eye hooks in the wall in case I need to tie them for a procedure they may not like. I want to do it quickly and with least amount of wrestling. Hope all goes well for you and the goats.

autumnprairie

Reaction score
All is well she only had one a buckling and woke up to Bambi having her doeling in the 2nd picture
image.jpg

image.jpg