Need an honest opinon (or twenty)

nigerianbreeder

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
With my very limited experience I'm going to throw a few things out there. First off like others said no more rescue goats and quarantine every goat you get. If I had any say in anything that was going on over at your barn I would replace the barb wire fencing with something else. In the barn make absolutely sure that there is nothing in their pen except the necessities. This will help prevent them injuring them selves on things. I had a goat mineral bag up on the ledge in my barn. It's four feet up and my Nigerian doe decided to knock it down, waste all of the mineral and get the bad stuck on her head. I found her outside in the snow freaking out because she couldn't find her way back in and couldn't see anything. Hopefully you can prevent more goat deaths.

bbredmom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Its just a single strand at the top of five foot field fence. I would never have 2-4 strand barb wire for goats. and Metis has been the only one to ever try to climb out.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Got ya. Well that's fine I would think. Ideally I would have it replaced with electric as it is much safer and does a better job.