NEW BABIES HITTING THE GROUND

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So glad that the 2 made it and sorry for the loss of the other. You were really thinking on your feet about putting the temporarily rejected kid with the other new mother. Surprised that the first mother came back after her remaining kid, because by that time it should have smelled like the other's baby. Go figure goats. At least you don't have a bottle baby on your hands. Congrats on your first births, in a suit and tie no less!
Thanks. There was the time last year that our herdsire somehow got his big noggin and huge rack o horns stuck between a brace post and a tree trunk and dad needed help freeing the big lug. The buck was especially excited because his girls were all in heat and he smelled so bad that his stench could knock a buzzard off a manure wagon from 50 feet. LOL!!! Not such a good outcome as yesterday though, I went to the meeting smelling like billy goat, Febreeze, and sweat. This is why I always keep an extra tie in my company car. LOL!!! No new kiddos today and the surviving kiddos born yesterday made it through a cold cold night last night. We are still awaiting the next wave of mini- hippos to kid. The goats are snuggled up in the barn with the guardian llama and guardian mini-mule with full bellies of Timothy and Orchard grass.

Last edited:

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the kids! :weee Sorry about the stillborn:hugs

Glad you didn't get any juice on you! I'm not that good...... I always ALWAYS get some on me :he Last time I got "roped" :hit:sick:th
Oh wow!!! Yeah, the stillborn, he was teeny tiny and his little legs were small as my pinky fingers. He was doomed from the start I guess. I absolutely hate losing any of my goats.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol: goat juice...... :gig
LOL!!! I use this as a collective term referring to any liquid or semi-liquid substance produced by a goat that could potentially soil my work attire while on my lunch hour. Incidentally, lunch hour can be defined as 1 hour of my regular work day that is set aside to eat lunch but is sometimes spent trying not to get goat juice on my work attire, especially during kidding season and incidentally skipping food altogether. LOL!!!
:lol::gig:yuckyuck