New Here - Southern California

irret13

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I grew up with animals and I am so excited to now be able to have them again. We just purchased a house with 3/4 of an acre and we are thinking about maybe getting a couple of pet goats in the spring. Probably neutered males. I don't think we will want milk. We are doing our research and would welcome words of wisdom.

Terri

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! Glad you decided to join us. There are a lot of great goat folks here to help with the questions you'll have. Also, there's a wealth of info and experience shared in the various threads. By all means browse around and post questions when you have them. Make yourself at home! Please put at least your general location in your profile. Old folks like me :old will never remember the title of this post down the road and location is often really important when asking for help or advice. There are several CA goat owners active here on the board.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome Terri - there is a really good bunch of people on here that just love to help everyone. I'm not a goat person but wanted to say Welcome.