New Member from Newberry, FL

Pygmyluvr

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi I am new here. I am hoping to meet a lot of Pygmy goat lovers like myself. I am new to being an owner of goats, but I had been around them a lot in my younger years. I had always said when I retired I wanted to have a small farm with Pygmy goats, donkeys, chickens, dogs, ducks, bunny, and horses! I have only lived in FL for almost 4 years now and I have almost all the animals I have said I wanted, I just need to get my ducks and horses, than I will have my wishes fulfilled. Lord willing, I will find someone that has horses for sale, and ducks that are not too expensive to buy. I use my animals as pet therapy for abused or disabled children that I am helping through a local private non profit organization, and most of the children that I help through the pet therapy really need to learn to trust and love something that loves them right back unconditionally. I have very young toddlers through 17 years old.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH! So glad you joined us. I know @frustratedearthmother raises pygmys and I'm sure there are others who have them. But really, for most of the goat folks on here that I know, ANY goat is a good goat! :woot There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember from this thread. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!