SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOTS of chicken wire, and either chicken wire OVER the garden (chickens will hop fencing) or bird netting. Which reminds me - bird netting needs to go over mine - today or the birds will be feasting on the about to turn red tomatoes. Add that to my "do today list" :oops:.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wally has been a bit ill the past few days so he is going to the doctor tomorrow. I will definitely let everyone know how he is doing. I thought he might have parvo but he's drinking fluids and eating he's just not really active so to the doctor it is.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Please keep us updated on Wally!
I fed him some cottage cheese yesterday and I bought some Pedialyte and Pepto for children and today Wally is definitely feeling better. He's active and being himself. Tomorrow he is still going to the doctor. He needs shots and his nails trimmed and also I need to find a way of getting him to gain weight. He looks like he's anorexic, even though he looks healthy in pictures.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guessing Wally's not a chow hound then. Been there, done that. With, of all dogs, Obi. I obsessed about his weight. If I manage to make him eat after he either says I'm not, or I don't want this he can end up with the trots. I've given up trying to get him to eat more.
Oh and Pepto is great -- my vet recommends it all the time.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Guessing Wally's not a chow hound then. Been there, done that. With, of all dogs, Obi. I obsessed about his weight. If I manage to make him eat after he either says I'm not, or I don't want this he can end up with the trots. I've given up trying to get him to eat more.
Oh and Pepto is great -- my vet recommends it all the time.
Years ago I had a vet tell me that if I wanted my dog to live I would keep Pepto and Pedialyte on hand for the whatever, whatever. I had another one tell me to feed them cottage cheese because it helps with the upset stomach and helps with weight.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
All "old school" -- and it almost always worked. Rice, cottage cheese and ground beef. YUP smart VERY smart.
Oh - and I'll add in --- a teaspoon of table salt with a touch of water to keep it together -- to empty their stomach when they eat something they shouldn't. Fast, easy - and if you're on the road every fast food place has it.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
All "old school" -- and it almost always worked. Rice, cottage cheese and ground beef. YUP smart VERY smart.
Oh - and I'll add in --- a teaspoon of table salt with a touch of water to keep it together -- to empty their stomach when they eat something they shouldn't. Fast, easy - and if you're on the road every fast food place has it.
Yes and you can get easy access and you don't have to fight with them about eating it because they love it so much that they give you a look like OH I AM SO PRIVILEGED. I know Wally was looking at me like that last night LOL 🤣 😭

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Update on Wally. He's back to being himself. I went out to get pictures of the garden and he started running around the yard.
IMG_20240604_200649.jpg