North Carolina

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey guinealady I live just 20-30 minutes away! Might talk the hubby into some more. We love ours! The neighbor had some and they liked us better so they joined our flock. Lmao and we had one momma hatch some eggs. Only one survived out of 11. I had them in a brooder until they were old enough. Lost two to the stupid dogs trying to help. I found one barely moving a few days later but no injuries and the rest went poof. Momma is doing a great job with her one chick. Almost as big as her but follows her everywhere. When I let then out of the brooder momma pick right back off from where she left off. I let them visit very day until the babies were fully feathered and could fly higher than 6 feet. Long 3 and a half months!
We live in central nc, an hour south of raliegh.
We don't sell anything but collect treasures for our farm. Lol
We may be getting rid of the horse though. She is more a pasture pet and we would rather concentrate on birds and goats. We took her in as a favor to someone who had to out of their home in a week, wife left him with nothing. She is nice but not our level.

buttercup0884

Just born
Reaction score
I am in Ararat NC surry county.

my boyfriend and I have several chickens and ducks.
3 nigerian dwarf dairy goats (2 does- very prego and 1 buck)
and we raise akc english labrador retrievers.

we are looking to add some more does to our herd if anyone out there is looking to sell.
nice to meet you all
Amy

redtailgal

Reaction score
Welcome from Iredell county. (promouned "are-dale" by the local rednecks)!

Wild River's Wolf90

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ncmtngal said:
Howdy all! I'm in Hendersonville, NC. Looking for Katahdin Sheep, ASAP ;)

Looking forward to getting to know y'all.
I am right next door in polk county by lake lure! Hi :frow

I am searching for a female bottle baby pygmy goat, I got one 3 months ago but lost her to genetic defect :hit and now I'm ready to try again. If you have one or are going to be expecting some let me know!

ncmtngal

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Howdy Wild River! We are indeed neighbors. Want a couple of Nigerian/alpine X's? ;)

ncmtngal

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Wow. I was half joking and half serious :)

I have a male and female brother and sister I'm bottle feeding. They're four weeks old - 3/4 Nubian, 1/4 Alpine.

They're super sweet and very cute. I think we just aren't ready for them. We bought a small farm in Etowah a couple months ago but haven't been able to move there yet as the house isn't ready for our family of five. The goats are living with us at our house in Hendersonville and it's not ideal, as you might imagine.

If you're serious about it, please PM me and we'll chat more.

Thanks!
Kerri

HollowOakFarm

Just born
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Meg, in southern Cumberland County, popping over from the Backyard Chickens forum. I'll be looking for wool-breed sheep wethers soon to raise out for wool and meat, if there are any NC breeders here. I also posted a swap possibility in your swap forum.

We've got a small farm. We used to have a breeding flock of sheep and I used to raise French angoras too, but we now limit to poultry and raising locker lambs. Just hubby and myself and three mastiffs since the kids are grown. Nice to meet you!

Meg