NW Missouri new farmers

JRod

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy y’all,

New farmers sorta here in Harrison County, MO. Bought 31 acres last year and escaped the big city with my wife and twins. We love small town life and are starting to accumulate animals now.

First was the two cats we brought with us from Kansas City (and they love our new place too!), then for 4H the kids got two rabbits last fall. Next, we just brought home a week ago our first beef bottle calf who is 3-4 weeks old and a Great Pyr/Lab mix puppy that sorta came with the calf! Next weekend are coming the Great Pyr pup we’ve been waiting for the last two months, and about 35 laying hens. Piglets should be here in June, as well as if my wife finds any more bottle calves she can get her hands on… and, I drive a truck, so she’s loading herself up with chores while I find it all! :) And this was the woman who resisted leaving the city for several years until the craziness of the last few years changed her mind. LOL, she seems pretty happy in a small town now!

JRod

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks, and yes so far it has been an adventure, especially in the crazy times we live in! Looking forward to more animals soon and hoping to learn a lot more from Greg Judy, who is a few hours South of me. Regenerative grazing is something i am very interested in… even if the two puppies to one calf equation seems tilted a bit the wrong way at the moment. ;-)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have come to the right place. We are great enablers, agreeing with “more animals”. LOL Glad y’all found your farm, we like pictures!

Latest posts