Obessed with goat hind ends?

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It was posted recently that someone was concerned she had become obsessed with Goat Butts.

This is normal.

After feeding every night I have a ritual called the Evening Hiney Check I walk up and down the line of goats pigging out in the feeder and look at the hind ends. I look for signs of scours, or anything amiss. During kidding season I look for discharge, color, change in shape or color or blood. As I go I count everyone. I used to look for them by name but once I passed 40 I couldnt keep track anymore so I now I do a head count.

Then I sing them a lullaby.

I think this is a good practice for all goat keepers. Well, maybe not the lullaby thing. That is because I am just a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Does anyone else have similar rituals?

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've found myself looking at goat hind ends a lot lately. The quiet lamanchas sure dont like to tell me when they're in heat but their lady parts are a sure sign it seems.. :idunno

And the kids.. gotta make sure they dont have poopy butts!! :lol:

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
I give feed, hay, water and dog feed, in the same order the same way everyday. I do it because it's easy for me but the goats and dogs get into the same routine as I do. The know what's first, then next, who's getting what when etc. Arianna knows it like clock work and half the time is waiting at the next spot I'm going to. :lol: She also gets water first, Before the dogs or any goats. She waits at the water spot and I always let her get water first and if I need to re-fill it I go out there and grab it, fill it and return but I call Arianna and she'll look up and I show her the orange bucket and she yells and runs over. haha Crazy goat.

goodolboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have over 250 sheep. It takes 2 people to look at butts on a flock that big. You have to run them back and forth between each other to get a good look. I always was a butt man, but my wife? :lol:

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah - I am more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal! But goats make it all better and yes, I too look at the behinds while they are eatting. i think it is good to know what they look like normally and then the oddity stands out a lot more.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Note to self - Baby monitor is in the barn. So if I am singing to the animals, eveyone in the house can hear me. :lol:

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Yesterday I was sent pictures of nothing but a ewes, well, butt . I called and asked my mom who she was doing. My mom didn't how I knew who had lambed since it never showed the head.

She was a little mortified when I mentioned I could tell almost everyone apart be their rear ends.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
FYI, If you order a happy meal they are all short a few fries now a days...so it's all good. :lol: