OK, I am probably stupid, but I brought home 4 piglets last night

mama24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She still has a mild cough, but is eating well, so I'm not too worried about her. My one milking doe seems to have adopted her. She was licking her while she nursed this morning. I need to get a pic. LOL

minipig

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I was horrified to hear of this, especially that they were feeding baby piglets cookies! You are so wonderful to have taken them on.

mama24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
389137_4395531086036_2145738595_n.jpg

This piglet just follows my poor doe around ALL DAY LONG and nurses pretty much constantly! She barely eats any food b/c she is drinking milk constantly! I may have to separate them! My doe runs away, but also mothers the piglet. I let them out yesterday to graze in the yard (where the pic was taken) and my puppy was chasing and herding the poor little piggie. Miss Piggie made it back to mama goat and hid between her legs. Mama goat butted the dog away and then nudged and licked the pig all over to make sure she was ok. It's very cute, but so so strange! Ha!

Cornish Heritage

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That is hilarious. You have got to write up an article & send it to some of the magazines like Hobby Farms, GRIT, Countryside etc. I'm sure one of them will take it :)

As for that green grass I am now SO jealous. We have not seen green grass like that for months! SO dry here :(

Liz

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I love that picture!!! Too cute! :D I'm jealous of the grass too!!! My sister lives in W-S, and she has gotten WAY more rain there than we've gotten here in MD!

mama24

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The grass hadn't been looking too good for over a month before, but we got some rain last week FINALLY! :) Maybe I will send in an article to hobby farms. My 2 best friends are professional photographers. They might be offended, but I think I will ask anyway if they'll take some pics of my nursing piglet. lol