OneFineAcre Spring 2015 Kidding Thread - Seperating and weaning babies 1st cut of alfalfa

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Gonna add @thailand as well. Hope you enjoy reading OneFineAcre's journey last spring

Ericka

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
now I must scroll back to the beginning of the year and re-live all your highs and lows! wish me luck ;)

Ericka

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you for the post to add me to watch your journey! I learned so many new things :) like freshening is a word, fined boned is a term of endearment to call your doe, something about ligamets... seems important.

Standing to have a baby is "normal" UGH I could hardly law down! I wanted to crawl out of my own skin LOL

OFA has some insane luck with kidding times! All during the day, all super fast, and heck even built a stall an hour before it was needed. Crazy! I also love all the goats names. Ginger, Moonpie, Clara Belle, Big Brown!

I officially love ALL baby goat pictures and watching this has made me love their sweet mommas all the more for dealing with this. Those quads were huge to be inside her belly 0_0

Lets face it we all Love Maurine too! Whew good momma goat there!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had some literally be in labor all day and not kid until midnight. Fortunately once they start they usually get it over fairly quickly.

Latest posts