OSA 2018 Lamb Season

OzarkSerenityAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
IKR! Went over to a buddies barn today to check his ewe. Said he thought she wasnt acting right. They had two lambs on the ground...so dang cute! I think mom is about 9 yrs old and tired out! Think she had a rough time gettin him out....she perked up a bit after getting her moved around.
Cute lambs...can't wait for ours! :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
9 years old is pushing the limit but I know of some who have gone longer. Hopefully she will perk back up.

OzarkSerenityAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh I agree Mike! Our friend was commenting on how time flies. He said this would be there last lambing. He had two out there that normally had twins but both had singles this year.

OzarkSerenityAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I may just be an excited sheep mom but I think #3 is in early labor. She is laying down, with her head close to the ground ..shallow breathing then when she lifts her head she is heavy breathing...been like this for about an hour or so. First timers...new moon approaching....can we be lucky tonight? #5 is laying down in the same area not chewing her cud either. Restless and scratching the ground now and again. While #2 & #4 are lying next to each other chewing their cud with no care in the world!
Sunshine is out and it is about 65 degrees out. Just gorgeous day to be lambing!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Perfect weather for it. We can usually tell if they are close by paying attention to the others. They will back off a bit and give the birthing ewe some space or if they are in the open like they are now, the ewe giving birth will go off away from the others.

OzarkSerenityAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mine are in a pasture too. But they all came running which got my attention and bawling. They then went in the smallest pen that is grassy and 4 laid around the pen giving her the corner. They are funny for sure. I was over at the sawmill when I saw the commotion. Then I saw her laying kind of funny. Will go out here in a bit to check on things. Get some pics maybe...

OzarkSerenityAcres

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:he:fl:bowThis is what happens when you leave the ram in with the herd for an underterminate time. Guessing game commences! We are still waiting for lambs! God Bless Me....driving me batty!