Our New Nubian Buckling :)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon Francis (LGD) showed up on my porch and then Sigueme (LGD) was right behind him. Caught them and headed back to the barn. The goats were out...about 40 of them. UGH!!! They enjoyed next year's blackberry vines :somad so they had been out for awhile. Called DH and it took us probably about 30 minutes to convince them all to go back in the barn. it would be two and one out, over and over again. Of course the dogs got out again and took off. So do I catch goats or dogs? I would have caught the dogs, DH wanted to catch the goats and I didn't want to fight so the goats won. Took another 20 minutes to find the dogs. Fortunately Mia didn't come out with everyone else. Figures that the worst dog in the barn was the best one. Very glad that we live about 1/4 mile from the highway.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice
There is a guy Jeremy has a post one the Piedmont FB page for a couple of Nubian does for sale
I don't know his farm name but I recognize him from Mtn Fair and Shelby
He has nice animals and usually places well
Frog Flat could probably give you the scoop
Jeremy had the Grand Champiom

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been trying to follow everyone... GW is at R's place taking care of her goats... she is tracking everyone. :lol:
Don't know how she did yet.

I did see some pics... So happy for them! (Frog Flat)
Funny - I was cleaning out some folders and saw I had their number from 2 years ago...

You know the buck I sent you pics of? His dam was 1st in 5yr old and up and his half sister did.... ok I can't remember now.
It was her first show and we are so happy for her! Her young does did well too.

:eek: I just had the biggest scare... one of the kids came in and said one of the baby boys was out.

ISAAC! :ep

The bottom chain wasn't on the bottom of the gate and he pushed it open. Thank goodness he knows where the people are and the hay bale!
AND it was all of what had to be under a minute because their water bucket had just gotten refilled. The hose was still running.
I guess GW and I will need to put a board up so it can't get pushed out even if the chain isn't on.
Rumor has it Isaac"s grand dam is going to be at the state fair
She was at Mt Fair

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were at the Dairy Goat Show at Fayetteville, TN yesterday. There were some beautiful animals there and we made some good contacts for both Alpines and Saanen.

The Nubian vocalists had everyone grinning but they aren't on our short list right now. :)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
He just turned 1 year old and is a handsome boy! He weighs in at 144# on his first birthday, gonna be a big boy!

IMG_2823.jpg

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you! So far I'm liking how he is maturing. His breeder seems very happy too, so that is good :D

He is a giant puppy. Thinks he's a big baby :lol: