Our Saddle Cows

Premier Longhorns

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So nice to bring back happy memories! However as an adult, you sure can ride a saddle trained bovine! Longhorns especially, are very smart and athletic. Properly trained and handled with kindness, they become docile and eager to please and bond with the persons who love and care for them! Here are some photos of our bull "TR"

Attachments

• TR_in_the_snow_2102012_3.jpg
    TR_in_the_snow_2102012_3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 410
  • TR_292012_1.jpg
    TR_292012_1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 388

Jake

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Great to see you here ! I am getting a steer in Oct, I am very impressed with your cows riding. I have seen your website. Until then the only riding Longhorns I knew of were Darols down in Ohio. His granddaughter Kara I think will be riding soon.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh man, forgot about the saddle cows until I saw the pictures scrolling across the top.
Very cool.:)

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just saw one of these photos at the top of the forums home page and oh my gosh...I wish this thread was still active and full of photos.

Reactions: TAH

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How hard are they to train? Similar to a horse? I would imagine maybe a little easier since cows are a little more calm and level headed, so unless you REALLY spook them or hurt them I would imagine they stay with all 4's on the ground.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
How hard are they to train? Similar to a horse? I would imagine maybe a little easier since cows are a little more calm and level headed, so unless you REALLY spook them or hurt them I would imagine they stay with all 4's on the ground.
I don't know of anyone but I am sure you could email the guy thru his website and he could answer your questions.

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow. Never saw this before. Know its old post but so cool!

Latest posts