Palomino's Training Journal-Settling In

Palomino

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Are you one of these people like me that loves to tour open houses and look through property for sale ads?
YES!!! Always looking at real estate lol. :lol:

For all self described real estate junkies, here are the properties we are looking at tomorrow afternoon. None are perfectly set up but they are priced well enough that I could redo the barn interior, expand or build a custom barn. But they are pretty nice and maybe we will find others to look at while we are there!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the Harrodsburg place too. More acreage (16 acres), 2 horse barns and hay barn, 4 fenced paddocks, plus the current 10 acre hayfield allows you to cut your own hay (hire it cut and baled). No well, no pond. House is old but has cute original features from 1900 building date. Carpet needs replacing but probably all floors are hardwood underneath. Floors might need sanding and refinishing but worth it. Kitchen looks to be newer so not much to be done there. Looked for window AC but none and finally saw condenser outside house so probably has HVAC. Largest acreage but smallest house. Maybe they will come down on price or offer carpet allowance? Price between the two is ok. What are the surrounding services?

Springfield has a creek fed pond, only 8 acres, and no trees so no shade in summer. Good barn. House is pretty large but you could make the lower level your own apartment if you chose. With exterior access it would work for business office for your training facility without clients needing to go through house. More professional and more privacy for family. Which is more desirable larger house or more property?

Bloomfield is only 5 acres which will soon become too small. If other properties in area are also 5 acre properties you will be surrounded by "mini ranchettes" and may not find your training stable welcome as a business. Property has creek but is it seasonal? House is small, needs some updating and barn is too small for you. This is my least favorite.

Since you are carriage driving, check out traffic patterns around all 3 properties for safety on the road with your carriage. Have fun and good luck finding what you want. :hugs

Latest posts