Pastor Dave's Highlights

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put it on a hamburger!! YES.

I have done the Uncured Bacon Jam at a demo. Was skeptical but quite tasty. No maple in this brand. But, on a biscuit or many sandwich meats...at home on a hamburger. Enjoy it.

This one you can taste bacon but it isn't real sweet and the onions, almost like one you've browned down in a pan. Yep, tasty.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
1st Saturday off since Thanksgiving, so got to clean up instead of on a Sunday afternoon. Yeah!
20200111_150730.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do you like doing the rabbits that way? I know it was a change from what you used to do. Glad you had the day off. How is the cheese making going? How is the dairy industry doing there? Any problems with getting enough milk to do the processing? There is some problems here with the milk plants getting enough milk to meet their fluid milk contracts...... we have such a surplus, but they are trucking it in from elsewhere to meet the needs here?????? What a mess.
How has your weather been? We are MUCH warmer than we normally are, but I look for that to change in another week or so. We had some horrific thunder/lightning storms here yesterday and pouring down rain and wind last night. Sunny and mid 60's already today....

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually process huge 600-700 pound blocks of cheese from California and Wisconsin. So, we haven't felt effects of any milk shortage. Everything seems to be going well with production. I have heard my plant did well during the 2008 Recession in comparison to other businesses simply because folks stayed in and cooked and ate, etc. Our busy season is almost over once we get production for Super Bowl done. Then, we go to weekends off Spring through Labor Day.

The way I am doing the rabbits without pans is going great. I was already cleaning up the floor after dumping pans and spraying down pans, so 1/3 the work! I also knew in time the goats in the same area would not have pans, so may as well scoop and shovel and sweep now and get used to it.

Weather has been weird. Broke a 20+ year high temp record on Christmas and also a rain measurement record for Jan 07 or one day that had been held for 94 years. We need cold to kill some germs and also avoid an increase in insects this Spring. Alot of my friends are complaining of the muck when they're used to frozen ground this year.