Pics of my baby cows

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
The brockle-faced heifer--that's what cattle with that kind of face is called (with that "ring" around from the ears to the chin) ;) --is most definitely a Hereford-Angus cross. She's similar to the cow in my avatar. :) I've never seen that kind of face when an Angus is crossed with Simmental.

Everything else has been covered, so I won't speak any more on that LOL. :)

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, thats what I get for buying from CL. In the long run, doesnt matter since they are just expensive lawn mowers. Yes, I have had alot of replies and good advice from several members. Newbie cattle owner but if @greybeard has any say, I will be an expert in no time. :)
They are suppose to be angus , but looks like they arent. Oh, well. Live and learn.

Rammy

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Depends how much of each is in the mix.
You can get a brockled face calf out of a brockle faced Simm cow bred to Angus bull. Most of the time tho, it will be a blaze face calf but about 1/4 of the time it will be brockle.

Rammy, if you depend on me to make you an 'expert' cattle person, you liable to be in for a disappointment. I make (and have made) lots of mistakes and a lot of what I know, I learned from someone else, tho paying my own 'stupid tax' has been the hardest and most enduring lessons I learned.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greybeard, with all the information and advice you have given me its helped me to not make a mistake that could potentially harm my new babies.:bow It has prompted me to read up and learn as much as possible to make sure I dont make some mistakes that would of and can be preventable.:he I read and re-read all the posts you have answered to absorb the information and advice multiple times and have been going online to read about cows, bought some books about management and other cow related information, am talking to the local beef farmer this weekend to ask stupid questions and get some smart answers. :):clap
Im sure I will pay alot of "stupid tax" but as someone said, and ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.:idunno

Rammy

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
P.S. Thank you to all the members who have answered my posts with your suggestions, opinions, and information you have given me on the questions I have posted about. I really do appreciate it! and I have made some wonderful freinds in the process!

Rammy