Possible pregnant doe

Vkp23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I’m going tomorrow to pick up a ND doe who might be pregnant. The seller isn’t sure if she’s been bred or not. She has been housed with a buck but he did say that the whole reason he has to remove her is because the other goats of his are bullying her so the buck might not had bred her. Anyway, I want to cover my bases in case she is pregnant. When she gets closer to showing or I can feel babies, I’ll worry about getting a birth kit together….for now I need to know what I can give her. I have probiotics, selenium, vitamin B I give to my goats at the beginning of every month. Can I give those to a pregnant goat? Also, I have an oral wormer (safe guard) and injectable ivermectin. I found the ivermectin works worlds better on worms in this area (it saved my dapple Nubian mix buck rescue) can I give it to a pregnant doe? I also give my goats a medicated goat feed here and there (just to aid in prevention of parasites) is it ok for her to have that too? Also, I wondered if rescue remedy would be something helpful to have on hand to help her be calm from being moved. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I’m going tomorrow to pick up a ND doe who might be pregnant. The seller isn’t sure if she’s been bred or not. She has been housed with a buck but he did say that the whole reason he has to remove her is because the other goats of his are bullying her so the buck might not had bred her. Anyway, I want to cover my bases in case she is pregnant. When she gets closer to showing or I can feel babies, I’ll worry about getting a birth kit together….for now I need to know what I can give her. I have probiotics, selenium, vitamin B I give to my goats at the beginning of every month. Can I give those to a pregnant goat? Also, I have an oral wormer (safe guard) and injectable ivermectin. I found the ivermectin works worlds better on worms in this area (it saved my dapple Nubian mix buck rescue) can I give it to a pregnant doe? I also give my goats a medicated goat feed here and there (just to aid in prevention of parasites) is it ok for her to have that too? Also, I wondered if rescue remedy would be something helpful to have on hand to help her be calm from being moved. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Probiotics (not sure why you would give that monthly, but it wouldn't hurt anything), selenium and vitamin b are all good for a pregnant doe.

The rest i am not sure about... maybe ask a vet? :idunno