Possible Theft Attempt?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
if i get to vote I'm voting with SBC, you definitely need goats and i love those no eared goats too. they are loving, have great personalitys and give wonderful milk. and with 8 acres you can easily have a couple of goats and a couple of sheep as well. i love lamb and can't afford it in the grocery store so i raise my own and sell the extras. i only have 2 ewes who had 4 lambs so it worked out well. I'm so excited for you, you're going to have so much fun. hard work but a lot of fun. and as a side note about the poison ivy i use to get it really bad if i just looked at a vine but an old woman in west Virginia told me if i would take the goats out and make sure they ate the poison ivy and then drink the milk that i would develop an immunity to it and tho it made me really nervous thinking i would breakout down my throat or some weird thing a. i didn't and b. it worked like a charm and i almost never get it now and when i do it is a very mild case. another great reason to get goats. and paris is going to do great, she's going to love her new home and her new charges

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow goatgurl, that is some good information! I guess I have to get goats now so I can drink some poison ivy milk!! :drool

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
i know FEM, the first year i tried it i had to put chocolate in it to drink it. not that it tasted a bit different than the regular milk but in my head i thought yuck and just couldn't drink it plain. but when i saw how well it worked for me i got over it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If it would keep me from breaking out with horrible itching, then bring on the goats!!! Well, @Southern by choice , looks like goats are winning the goat/sheep contest!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sheep love eating poison ivy, and I milked two of the ewes this summer - just had to put in a good word for sheep! ;)

Wonder how much milk you have to drink - I should have enough milk next year to have more to drink (I saved most of this year's for cheese, fudge and soap).

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
that's what they do when you take allergy shots. first find out what you are allergic to then give you tiny amounts and slowly increase it till you have built up a resistance to the allergen. works most of the time. i eat local honey and eat the bee pollen for allergies and it works pretty good.

Bryan99705

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I always thought it would be fun to have Issac sheep and watch a thief
chestnutridgeheritagesheephead2.jpg
meet the ram!