pot belly...new litter questions?

no kill

Just born
Reaction score
I got a breed potbelly a while back and she had them today.I was told it was her second breeding and to expect 4-6 probably closer to 4 she had seven is this a normal litter size for potbelly's and do you normally get more after the first few breeding's?Also I see people that say there potbellies only get to 20 or 35 lbs but everything I can find says 50-60 to 120 even 200 I'm guessing mine at 85-90 are there really ones that small or is this lies to sell pigs?Last anyone have suggestions on on what vaccines they need?

spegalminifarm

Just born
Reaction score
well we've had potbelly pigs for a long time. Our girl has 9 to 12 a litter! she weighs about a hundred pounds, our male weighs in at about 85 - 90. If you feed them correctly they will be of right size.
People tend to over feed or under feed them and that is what leads to A. overweight pigs, and B. very small pigs. Beware of really small pigs, usually it's because of being kept in to small areas, and underfeeding.
We feed our pigs two cups each of pig ration in the morning. Then in the after noon they split two carrots, one potato, two celery stalks, one apple, one beet, 1/4 bell pepper, then whatever vegges are on sale too. NOT TO MUCH FRUIT it contains a lot of fat and will make em over weight. Then in the evening they get 1 cup of pig ration mixed with 1/2 c. of really generic dogfood.
Now if you feed your pigs and they start losing weight then step up their food a little. If you see they are gaining a lot of weight then you can step it down a notch. An average pot belly should not be getting up 200 - 300 pounds! that is to big. It is essential that they get fresh veges daily, and not rotten ones. Human food is not really good for them, and will put weight on them too.
so I hope this helps you a little!