powerball

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
In CA your name is made public as it is in 44 of our 50 states so good luck staying anonymous.

I would give most of mine away, set myself up to live a long and debt free life and then hide. :)

Yeah, it's like that in NC.
They want to publicize the winners to sell more tickets.
There would definitely be some headaches involved.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought some too... I mean somebody is going to win... eventually... I figure why shouldn't I contribute to their immediate wealth? Wake up in the morning and be 1/2 a billionaire? Yeah, that's gonna be hard to take!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I simply can't believe the number of people who waste their money on lottery tickets! I mean, it's ridiculous. "They" say the odds are better to be hit by lightening than to win. What is it - something like 292million to 1?

Of course, I don't see it that way. I say it's 50-50! You either win or you don't, lol.

I only bought $10 bucks worth...might send DH for more...:hide :fl :fl:fl

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
first thing I'd have to do is play powerball. then if i won i could see a lot of giving in my future. that's a whole lot of tithing. college scholarships to family and friends then to folks who have need and deserve them. st judes, Ronald McDonald house and childrens hospitals would like me I'm thinking. after that idk what I'd do. what i wouldn't do is hand it out to every freeloader who came with a hand out. people who are to lazy to try their best irritate the heck out of me. boy, it is fun to dream isn't it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We donated to the Official Redneck Retirement Fund. I think I'll go stand outside and wait to be struck by lightening. :lol:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well, if anyone wants more, they better get in line pretty quick... Time's running out.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about this
Most winners take the lump sum payment which is a little more than half the jackpot instead of the full amount paid over 20 years
Since most take the lump sum you can bet that's not the right choice and is beneficial to the lottery
900 million would be 45 million a year for 20 years
After tax it would be a check each year for 24.5 million
I think I could manage

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought $10.00 worth and also entered the pool at my old job. A few years ago there was a group of 15 teachers in our county that won 76 million in State lottery; I don't think that any of them are happy about it 7 years later. They had been playing together for 7 years and always played the same numbers.

Latest posts