pregnancy toxemia in sheep & goats ...!! give Your opinion :)

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@whisperingsage

Yes, your words are true, but as far as we are concerned, it is different from you. You may have a higher concentration of nutrients.

The supplements you give are good, but there are things that may decrease and need to be drained by the vein. In the same case, it carries three twins, and the feed does not cover its need for food, especially in the last two weeks.

We often use soybeans for fattening for sheep or goats and do not give it in summer only in winter. I am a vitamin in general, given periodically as a year, ie 7 days a month or 5 days a month, this is for the general sheep. Pregnant ewes or goats have a very special feeding in the very last months of pregnancy even in water we put the vitamins.

I do not rely on a veterinarian in my sheep and goat food, because some of them do not have enough experience for them than the livestock owner.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last year I had to put a ewe down because of a ruptured pre-pubic tendon. I had never even heard of that condition and did not recognize it for what it was. I had lost her twin lambs, they died in my lap, then the ewe couldn't get up and we took her to the vet. I cried a LOT and I am not one to cry, but that tore my heart out.

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/baymules-lambs-2nd-lambing.34888/

I got a lot of support from my friends here, and I learned from the experience. The hard way, but I learned.

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Last year I had to put a ewe down because of a ruptured pre-pubic tendon. I had never even heard of that condition and did not recognize it for what it was. I had lost her twin lambs, they died in my lap, then the ewe couldn't get up and we took her to the vet. I cried a LOT and I am not one to cry, but that tore my heart out.

I got a lot of support from my friends here, and I learned from the experience. The hard way, but I learned.
Oh, I feel for you! :hitIt's so hard having to learn the hard way on your much loved animals, but it seems like that's the way most things are learned... at least for me!:(

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Actually I'm sorry for your subject:( ... actually sorry loss lambs:( ..
Because I know how much you love him and how you care about her

But it's good that you learned this experience for the future:) .. (I do not wish you that in the future)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually I'm sorry for your subject:( ... actually sorry loss lambs:( ..
Because I know how much you love him and how you care about her

But it's good that you learned this experience for the future:) .. (I do not wish you that in the future)
The great thing about this forum is that we share our experiences, good or bad, that we all might learn. Because of what other people have posted, I have learned so much.

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The great thing about this forum is that we share our experiences, good or bad, that we all might learn. Because of what other people have posted, I have learned so much.

Hello Bay :frow ..

Yes, a good thing to learn from others and to develop self from their experiences.
I love this forum frankly, but I notice there are differences in some things in terms of breeding methods of livestock and their treatments.
I think some diseases are different from yours or they do not have the same. Little but not all.