Previous Sweet Doe Pulled A Monty Python

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When I say she went Monty Python, this is what she did -

KIMG0101.jpg
KIMG0102.jpg

The yellow color isn't infection, it's stain from the turmeric/honey/teatree poultice I am applying to minimize scaring.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh...
That's bad! The worst bite I had was when a doe bit all the way through my finger and wouldn't let go...
Yours looks really bad. Please make sure you clean it and take care of it so it doesn't get infected.
Alcohol, peroxide, chlorhexidine, silver gel....anything you can put on it, do it.
And I might steal your poultice for the future...great recipe!

I might be hesitant to keep a rabbit that did that to me...but give her a chance to be a mom and see how she does and fingers crossed that what happened was a fluke and not her temperament :fl

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh good! That stuff works :)
Last night I had to shave down one of my lops (a fuzzy) and she got a few scrapes on her from the clipper...I put the silver gel on her and this morning all the scrapes are closed up and not red at all!
I really hope it works out with your doe. I'm sure you'll be nervous about sticking your arm in her cage :eek:

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh good! That stuff works :)
Last night I had to shave down one of my lops (a fuzzy) and she got a few scrapes on her from the clipper...I put the silver gel on her and this morning all the scrapes are closed up and not red at all!
I really hope it works out with your doe. I'm sure you'll be nervous about sticking your arm in her cage :eek:
Lol! Yeah, I used a stick to drag her crock to the front of her cage where I could grab it when I was doing chores this morning.

Keith32776

Just born
Reaction score
I have a 6 month old doe who until yesterday was one of the sweetest attention beggers in my herd and one of my personal favorites... But yesterday when I reached in to get her water crock, she went full Monty Python and viciously attacked my arm. She latched on hard and would not let go while she flipped on her side and started kicking/scratching with her back feet. My arm is messed up pretty bad and I'll probably have some permanent scars.

I had bred the doe in the cage next to her a few hours before this happened... Could the scent of that have triggered an extreme hormonal reaction?

Should I breed her and see if that fixes her sudden attitude problem or give her a one-way ticket to freezer camp?

For those who don't get the Monty Python reference:

Im sure it was just a flesh wound....!!!!!