Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
NCM_2536.JPG
NCM_2522.JPG
NCM_2530.JPG

Camping went well. Horses behaved standing and really did well....:) though I had a moment of stupidity though and Richie bolted when I went to get my sweatshirt on..:he lesson pounded into my head now 1. He's a horse and no such thing as 100% bombproof 2. Keep ahold of the reins when on the trail. 3. Keep your helmet on when on the horse. Kinzey was on with and my concern was her we ended up coming off after a wild gallop through lots of small trees (my face paid well for it) not scratch on Kinzey. she knows now to hold on tight!
Duke and Josh got along very well. He even toted the girls on him.

Bunnies are doing well, other than lost another of Elsa's... :/ the young ones should be coming out the box this week. Going to get Holly and Celestia's all tattooed this week, will wean Celestias also.
Local farmer's market starts this weekend. Debating if I should take some baked goods early ... but also have tball.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol:

And here I thought the whole family had climbed up into the trees! Silly me, I should have known that wasn't it.

I think you need a camera with image stabilization for those "I'm taking pictures while riding a horse" shots. :)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@greybeard our state park has a fire tower, my kids insistwe climb up every chance we get. ;) I am pretty stingy with any pecans in any case.

@Bruce a better, newer cell might help to. But I do love the shots of the line of horses.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heck, Promise..... @Bruce doesn't even have a cell phone that takes Pics, so Anything is newer and more Updated, than what he carries in his pocket....:gig.....so, don't let him give ya too much grief over it.....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah but I have a Nikon P610 with image stabilization and a 60X OPTICAL zoom (*). So there!!!

Of course I don't carry it in my pocket (wouldn't fit in the pocket of ANY pants I own or ever would own) and there are plenty of missed opportunities. Like just today, Zorra was in the barn alley just outside the door to the brooder area in the coop. The door swings on the right edge. One chick (the cockerel) was sitting right up next to her and 2 of the other chicks were sitting on top of the door. Woulda made a nice post.

* I never consider using the digital zoom, makes for fuzzy pictures

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hay making this week. Summer temps are here... :eek: not looking forward to bucking bales but we are down to less than 4 bales.... need to go pick up sticks in neighbor's field....as dh doesn't want them ruining his hay bind.
garden still needs attention. Got some tilling done.... still have some seeds to plant, more weeds to pull.... definitely never ending.
Next week we have vbs, baseball tournament and camping again.... :duc
Working with Richie at meal times and his flapping towel phobia....
NCM_2589.JPG
crazy guy, plastic bags are ok, but not those quiet sneaky things like shirts and towels.... he's not running every time it flaps so progress.

Oh and potty training Kinzey.... there's never a good time for that...

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Survived our crazy week,weekend it wasn't without hiccups but it wasn't terrible. Nothing set on this week's schedule except meeting a bunny buyer tomorrow afternoon. Am pretty disappointed in my chore girls.... since our hay shed got filled we have hay in other places and they either ignored my instructions of where to get the hay or couldn't figure it out where it was... though I really think it was the latter it still wasn't difficult just different than normal. Idk.... without a real barn maybe it's just not worth having the horses... we love camping without them.... and really they just make more work for me.... maybe I am just tired. Even without officially things scheduled I don know when I will have time to ride. Garden needs attention, yard needs mowed, bunnies need tattooed.... :idunno maybe it's too much. Or maybe I am just tired.... we got the hay made but it wasn't easy and DH has had some of his breathing problems, nothing terrible... but the hay making does make it hard on him. Without a barn our equipment stays outside which makes more maintenance.... idk praying for direction.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know what it is like to be barnless. Finally, we built a barn! We moved 2 1/2 years ago and hauled all my barn building materials I had scrounged and stacked over the years. I am so glad to have a barn.

What about that property you showed pictures of? I would do back flips for that barn!!

My absolute favorite horse is a leopard Appaloosa! Cookies is beautiful! Yes, keep the horses. Yes, take them camping. Yes, it is more work on you, but it is so worth it! Yes, you are tired and it is easy to get discouraged when you are tired. Get some rest and things will be better.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dh doesn't want to move that direction.... we would be back to square 1 on hay ground due to distance... frankly have about given up on DH being willing to move period. :(

I know what it is like to be barnless. Finally, we built a barn! We moved 2 1/2 years ago and hauled all my barn building materials I had scrounged and stacked over the years. I am so glad to have a barn.

What about that property you showed pictures of? I would do back flips for that barn!!

My absolute favorite horse is a leopard Appaloosa! Cookies is beautiful! Yes, keep the horses. Yes, take them camping. Yes, it is more work on you, but it is so worth it! Yes, you are tired and it is easy to get discouraged when you are tired. Get some rest and things will be better.