Promise Acre: Our Journey

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

Heeey wait, isn't that "southern speak" for "generic insult"?? ;)
:lol::lol::lol: It is a kind way of saying you are stupid and we feel sorry for you.......:gig:gig It took you a little bit, but you figured it out. :D =D

Don't feel too awfully bad.....my husband and another man picked up 20 square bales for me and my husband said the shed was FULL. Huh? I KNOW I had stacked over 80 bales in there and he said 20 filled it up??? I went to feed and these two big men stacked the bales FOUR high! :\ Bless their little hearts........ I made hay steps and stacked them up into the rafters, then went and got more hay.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lots easier to drag a bale than carry it. Stack them 3-4 high. Make one bale as a step. One person on bottom of the stack, another on top with a hay hook (you do have a hay hook--right? ) Person below hands one end of the bale up to the guy/girl on top, the topper grabs it with a hay hook and pulls it up and drags it to the back. Rinse and repeat.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or you could just make a deal with your hay supplier.......and he brings you a round bale at a time and stores your hay in his barn........:thumbsup

Bless his little heart........:lol:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
You guys are amusing..:thumbsup. we stack 6 high, 7 in the middle of our 12 x 16 shed... 144 to 150 bales fit.... DH has to do most the stacking.... I don't stack it tight enough. I make stairs.... Got to make the most of what you have. :frow