Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mini rex did well kids got 2 2nds, BOV and BOB! Jocelyn's jr chocolate doe was the BOB. Should get a LEG from that. :celebrate
Jocelyn showed 1 jr Polish, she placed 4th.
My 4 Velveteen lop jrs got 2nds and 3rd. One buck which I love his type is now confirmed as pinched in the chest. :confused: always something. Got a couple more cages and cage dividers so hoping I can get time to get bunnies rearranged. Did keep 2 jr polish, and got 2 more. I am thinking of breeding Xara and Special this week. Just call me a glutton. Despite our win still no sales of the mini rex. Oh well. More time to decide who stays. Debating on if we should get another buck to breed the jrs or 1/2 siblings or father to daughter or?? :idunnokids do want a broken....

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well if my fingers felt correctly Xara and Special should have kits by the end of the month! :weee Need to get some sold though... Put Sweetie in the outdoor pen outside... Do have one being picked up next week.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Litter #13 for 2018. Special had 3 kits late this morning. Excited as 2 appear lilacs!
NCM_4466.JPG
no nesting from Xara but acts off and she still has time. :fl
We have bunnies headed to Ohio, New York and Alaska this month. Show next Saturday.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we had a couple cool days in August, I bred my second attempt NZW doe to my NZW buck. She kindled and had 6 kits a couple mornings ago. She seems to be doing well for her first kindle.

My other doe is a mutt that is a cross between my lop eared charlie buck and a red satin doe. Both of the parents are now passed on. She is a pretty gentle doe until she kindles, then she is a very protective mama to say it nicely. She kindled as well with my NZW buck and had 7 kits yesterday morning.

I quit breeding as it got too warm, and will probably do one more breeding next week to get CT bred for her first time. Don't really want to breed in the winter either.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well. No kits from Xara... guess I shouldnt be suprised with the heat we had when she was bred.
And those aren't lilacs.... :he got to love when unshowable recessives show up . Pretty sure they are chocolate torts possibly torted otters... neither are showable in mini rex in any case and tort isn't something you want to see in your otters. :tongue
NCM_4514.JPG

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday bred some mini rex
R2D2 x Brownie one of young bucks
C3PO x Una a young doe
Jocelyn's new polish doe wasn't ready.
Today am going to see about breeding Kara a almost sr VL to Vader.
Had a rough day, had 2 cull 2 young bucks. Jocelyn's new polish Missile literally attacked me!:rant he bit onto my arm when I was cleaning cages and would not let go... and Hercules, a mini rex injured a leg, dislocated or broke. :hit

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope the breedings take!

Wow! I’d have culled him too! Glad it was you and not one of the kids. Hate to hear about the other getting injured!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
NCM_0583-1.JPG

Well R2D2 had her litter yesterday! Looks like 2 otters, 1 chocolate, 1 chocolate otter and am hopeful the light one in front is lilac...:fl all are good size so her first litter without a peanut. This is her 3rd litter this year. Litter #14. Una isn' showing any signs she took... but we can try again.
Got a show Saturday mini rex and polish only. Have sold 3 bunnies this week. 1 will head to Michigan and 2 to Missouri. Sold Brownie the sire of this litter to a local 4her. Going to look at some mini rex and polish bucks...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hitweather got real cold, in the 20s... lost our 3 day old litter despite putting up the heat lamp, and a nice nest. Have had litters in January... but I think I got the shed buttoned up now.
Show went well. John got a 2nd and 1st, and a DQ due to a tiny spot on his best otter. Jocelyn got a 5th and 3rd with her polish. Her chocolate mini rex was BOV but no competition so no gc legs. Her chocolate otter doe also got a leg last show but left her home since we were hoping for her first litter. Guess it's good she didn't settle. Both kids got a new buck. John got a broken blue for the mini rex and Jocelyn a sr blue polish buck, who already has 1 leg. And did well at the show.