Purplequeenvt - New Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Play for Oskar, but not for you. I have to bring Buford down to earth also. They will grow into big powerful dogs and must have good manners. Oskar is older than Buford, I’ve been watching Oscar’s antics with great interest. LOL Crocodile death roll! Hahaha!

Sorry the turkey hen was hurt. Not much you could do, but you salvaged the meat.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Play for Oskar, but not for you. I have to bring Buford down to earth also. They will grow into big powerful dogs and must have good manners. Oskar is older than Buford, I’ve been watching Oscar’s antics with great interest. LOL Crocodile death roll! Hahaha!

Sorry the turkey hen was hurt. Not much you could do, but you salvaged the meat.

She was already headed for the freezer, just not at 5pm on a Sunday night when other things were planned. It had to happen then though because my next day off isn’t until Wednesday and she would have had an infection by then. She didn’t act like she was in any pain, she was wandering around and stuffing her face, but she had to have been. I’m probably going to have to separate the other hen tomorrow so the toms don’t mutilate her too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve thought about raising a few broad breasted turkeys for the freezer. How long to raise them to slaughter size and how do they compare to Cornish Cross in feed to meat to time?

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve thought about raising a few broad breasted turkeys for the freezer. How long to raise them to slaughter size and how do they compare to Cornish Cross in feed to meat to time?

I got them in May so they take a lot longer to reach slaughter size unless you want smaller birds. These guys eat surprisingly little, but they also get to forage around. They’re starting to go through more feed now as it’s gotten colder.