Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you ok now?

Well I thought I was. The ED said that it was small enough that it *should* pass on its own.

I was supposed to follow up with urology so I called them this morning to make an appointment. They reviewed my chart and called to say that they want to see me asap and I’ll be having surgery to put in a stent. They want to do it today, but I ate breakfast (surgery was not on my list of activities I had planned today) so they might have to push it off to tomorrow.

The reason for the rush is because I only have 1 kidney and there were some other concerning things on my scan and because I only have the 1 kidney, they don’t want to mess around with it.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, got to get that taken care of. Didn’t you donate your kidney to a sibling? That’s what love does.

Not directly to him as we weren’t a match. We were part of a long chain of recipients/non-matching donors. Everyone was all scrambled up so that everyone in need of a kidney was matched up with someone else’s donor.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m doing ok. They got the stone out and put in a stent. It wasn’t a big stone, but surgeon said it wasn’t going anywhere.

I’m tired and sore, but not in as much pain as before. I have a work note for the rest of the week. I was told I might not need to be off all that time, but it was better to have it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m doing ok. They got the stone out and put in a stent. It wasn’t a big stone, but surgeon said it wasn’t going anywhere.

I’m tired and sore, but not in as much pain as before. I have a work note for the rest of the week. I was told I might not need to be off all that time, but it was better to have it.
Glad you are better. ❤️