Queen Mum's Kidding Adventure (Up NEXT - JELLY BEAN)

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I don't know their exact date, but I suspect they were bred either on October 2 or October 22nd OR before that OR After that. They didn't go into heat after October.

Either way, Brownie is uddering up and has a big tummy. Her voice has changed and she is eating like a little pig.

So babies are on the way anytime between now and March 21st. The suspense in killing me.

Are they Ian babies - naughty girl - he is your brother! shame Ian, shame.

Or are they Houdini babies. Little bull dozers with no ears and lots of personality!

As for Mama, her tummy is getting bigger, but her udder hangs in the balance. Just a sad affair, pendulous and empty, waiting for that moment of bloom (or is it boom) right before kidding. She rejected Houdini as her beau, but I did notice telltale signs of little hoof prints on her butt several mornings in a row when I went in to milk. However, Ian seems to have had much closer contact before Houdini came into the picture.

What will her babies be and WHEN?

Ah, but Jelly Bean is a known factor. Her due date is April 27th. She is now sleek and fat and looking FINE! She has a soft downy coat and a lovely little sweet disposition. She is Houdini's permanent pen partner and he is a wonderful mate. He's gentle and sweet. Not a bully at all. She has no udder to speak of and has finally had a hoof trim. YAY Jelly Bean!

Stay tuned for further information and pictures.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Mama's baby bump. I know, it's not very big. But she looks bigger in person.

1156_sam_0540.jpg

Brownie's baby bump. She looks bigger in person too.

1156_sam_0538.jpg

More pictures later.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
And then there is Annie. Autumnpraire's latest acquisition. She is due the same time as Brownie. She is little like Jelly Bean and very cute. She waddles around like a little school bus. Wow, we have 18 goats around here and lots of them are going to be having babies soon. Two have udders. Brownie and Annie. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

Missy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:weee :weee :weee

I am so excited:) I love little babies:p are we thinking pink or blue?

On a sad note one of my girls was bred on Dec 16th the other on Jan 4th, so I have a long time to wait for my own :hit

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
THINK PINK!I am hoping for doelings. I want twin doelings from Brownie, Mama, and Jelly Bean. I think Annie should have doelings, too. PINK is a lovely color. We have a LOT of bucks here already! My last several kiddings were bucklings. THINK PINK!

THINK PINK!
THINK PINK!
THINK PINK!
THINK PINK!
THINK PINK!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I spoke firmly to the girls today and told them that we will have no bad episodes during kidding. All kiddings will be trouble free and all babies WILL be healthy. I'm pretty sure that they agreed to keep it trouble free. Brownie looked a little concerned as this is her first pregnancy, but I assured her that I was there to help her get through it.

Whitney, the saanen doeling (aka Blond By Nature) promptly walked over to the electric fence (in the middle of our talk) and went through it to go and eat chicken feed. I had have a private talk with her about listening to instructions. I'm not so sure that having kids is such a good idea in her case. She is likely to put them down and forget where she left them. She poisoned herself the other day with azalea leaves and spent two days throwing up and being miserable.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
I spoke firmly to the girls today and told them that we will have no bad episodes during kidding. All kiddings will be trouble free and all babies WILL be healthy. I'm pretty sure that they agreed to keep it trouble free. Brownie looked a little concerned as this is her first pregnancy, but I assured her that I was there to help her get through it.

Whitney, the saanen doeling (aka Blond By Nature) promptly walked over to the electric fence (in the middle of our talk) and went through it to go and eat chicken feed. I had have a private talk with her about listening to instructions. I'm not so sure that having kids is such a good idea in her case. She is likely to put them down and forget where she left them. She poisoned herself the other day with azalea leaves and spent two days throwing up and being miserable.
I love my goats......stupid goat :th......I love my goats ........ stupid goat :barnie .........I love my goats ........stupid goat :he .......I love my goats ........ stupid goats :smack