Rabbit making bald spot!

GoateeMcfee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello! I am relatively new to rabbits and they are only for pets (they are not mine but my family member's). Anyways, she has two male rabbits, a rex and a lionhead/rex mix (very fluffy!). Obviously, they like to hump each other quite a bit (not sure how to say this in a more subtle way). It has all been fine, no injuries and such and still not, but now the lionhead is getting a bald patch where the other rabbit holds on to his fur with his teeth. I can see bite marks as well. I have separated them into separate hutches (I have a spare chicken tractor for broody hens, but my current broody won't sit on eggs in a different coop😐). I am just wondering if there is anything I can do in order to reunite them without one hurting the other. They aren't fixed but would neutering them help? Thank you!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a dutch buck that's neutered. He was confused and kept trying my arm. Settled him down. Champagne buck was fixed, he was grouchy before and after. I keep all of mine separate to avoid fighting or getting harassed. Vet says they'll both live longer. I don't know for certain. I would do the cheapest option.

GoateeMcfee

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a dutch buck that's neutered. He was confused and kept trying my arm. Settled him down. Champagne buck was fixed, he was grouchy before and after. I keep all of mine separate to avoid fighting or getting harassed. Vet says they'll both live longer. I don't know for certain. I would do the cheapest option.
thank you!

Latest posts