rachels.haven's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That would be depressing. IDK if a building has dignity, but, you know.
Yep, I know. Some people spent a LOT of time and energy building those old barns. They have character. Not the same as a metal sided pole barn at all.

one went after a lady on the beach on the cape recently. But they're harmless, surely you know that?
OK, that is some scary. I wonder if the coyote was rabid. Doesn't make sense to go alone after "prey" that is substantially larger than you.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @rachels.haven,

In 1999 my Beautiful Gal and I moved from Dallas, TX, to Oceanside, CA, northwest of San Diego, so that I could return to work for the company for whom I worked while living in Warren Robins, GA. Even though I am a native Texan, and except for that year at Oceanside, have resided in the South all of my life, I had wanted to escape the heat in Texas. So we moved there. The weather was so nice the time we were there. Being only 3 miles from the Pacific Ocean, we got the breeze coming off the ocean, which kept things cool there. I loved it (although my wife did not). But after a while there was something I missed about the weather in Texas and the South -- thunderstorms! There was not one thunderstorm while we were there!

I told the above story because I thought you might miss something from Iowa, residing as you have, first in Detroit and now Massachusetts, such as tornadoes! So here is a short video from the Melanie Metz Storm Chasing YouTube channel of a small tornado that occurred in Iowa and Minnesota.

Senile Texas Aggie

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I actually do miss them, thanks STA. They're really cool. If you get to watch one in person you definitely get a feeling for your own smallness and mortality. Most of us stood on our front porch (with a hand on the door and a basement waiting) and do the country oggle when things like that go by.

And if I'm small, so is the next guy, and so are my problems in the grand scheme of things, right?

Latest posts