rachels.haven's Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did not like opening the lambar and finding spoiled sippy cup milk and then having to clean it out...and then weird scours...
You can avoid that by measuring the amount of milk per kid and feeding with the bucket. They will empty the bucket by the time you do other chores. No leftover milk to go sour and cause scours. No overeating by greedy individuals drinking more milk than they should have.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know it was a few pages back, but your streptocarpus is beautiful! What is its name? It looks like you may have a few more there in your collection?
That is "Exotica". Thanks for asking. The flowers are smaller than some of my jumbo flowers, but I like how it looks "glowy" to quote one of the kids.

I guess I could post more pics of them as they bloom. They've been doing really well lately.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cow is greedy enough he needs supervision or her bites up the other kids lips and eats their share...and he's listed for sale. He's out of Little Orchard CD Hera and by Lucky*Star's LL Pete so hopefully someone wants him. He's very nice but more intense than I prefer. Also he's the only buck that inherited eyebrows.
1000002598.jpg

1000002525.jpg

1000002527.jpg

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Around noon 90 pound, 2 yr old Lily finally got her single buck lined up so we could have a big, serious tug of war. That's it, I'm buying a dwarf buck or two. And if I don't want a standard kid out of it, they get minis. And to Lily l, I said, screw it, you're raising your market buck. She's got a nice udder so far-high rear with an extended fore and laterals. Teat placement is a little out though.
Lily was induced with a vet rx on day 146. Going to day 158 like they often do with singles would have been a deadly disaster.
1000002631.jpg

Latest posts