rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think getting upset at the teacher would work here. Definitely better to move on especially when the boss wants the man to move. They'd find a way to gaslight or brush off my child because he's a minor and a "he said/she said" with a well connected teacher vs student could only result in retaliation towards the minor here. We've got 12 more days of school though! And somehow the 1 kitten has become 5 kittens caught and in a guinea pig cage. Lots of little fluffy allergy causing balls of sunshine to cuddle after.

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most men still think that stay-at-home moms have it easy and don't really do anything all day. When we first got life insurance and I insisted that DH get insurance on me, I was prepared with a list of things I did and what it would cost for him to pay someone to do if I was gone. He was shocked at the number of people it would take to fill my place and the minimum cost to pay them to do what I did. He was even more horrified when I pointed out that he would have to give up any overtime since there would be no daycare to take the children all night. I'm not sure that he really believed it until a co-worker with small children lost his wife and he saw what the guy had to do to keep the family together.
Wow, I've never thought about it in a "what would it cost to replace me" kind of way. Our household would be brought to its knees and cease to function is all I really know. We've got another two to three years of chaos from the youngest if he's like his brothers. He'd require a nanny all his own to keep him clean, safe, and out of trouble. All three boys were like that. I'd better stay alive, lol.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol:
Oh no! These ladies are getting on the spay train as soon as I can get them signed up. One's a tom (cheerio w/2 pom pom), the other four are ladies (tacos) so we need to take no chances! The mess potential is high there. If they need that many cats...I think I'd rather home school. :hide

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most men still think that stay-at-home moms have it easy and don't really do anything all day.
I am one of the fortunate ones. When our kids were small, occasionally my husband would have time off work and be around during the day. He always told people that he would not want to switch jobs with me. He loved the kids and was great with them. Loved being with them, but didn’t want to do it full time. He always looked forward to going back to the peace and quiet of the office. 😊

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some of what happened may have had to due with DH's vision as well as not listening/realizing how "hot" some of those potential mess items would be for a 3 year old. DH can only see what he is looking at. There is no perifery and nothing below the midline of his sight...unless he moves his head and looks at it. The kids all know that to hide from Daddy all they have to do is lay down and Shaun lives in that zone.
But, you know, if he listened to me and put the paint brush away and paused while I went out...and you know, the second disaster followed the first. The kids never stop at just one try at disaster per session, lol.
Poor guy is a stressball and kids don't help. Good thing the company is moving us. (And should be able to rent us a dumpster for a "cleanse" of all the things ruthless Mom doesn't want to unpack). We'll get there.

Last edited:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
a "cleanse" of all the things ruthless Mom doesn't want to unpack)
Once a month I would do a top to bottom cleanse of the children's rooms. This meant going under the beds and retrieving all the small junk that bred under there. Since I did it when they were at school they really didn't know that some stuff disappeared for good. I just told them to look for it where they last put it. Since they either didn't know where they left it or want to admit that they just kicked it under the bed, no problem. LOL

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aramis-
Armais side.jpg

Pete (is not chewing on a giant hot wire, that's an accidental perspective trick, also Pete is HUGE)
Pete from above.jpg

And I didn't take pics of The Beautiful Yak because I can't compare him right now because he's so hairy. Pete and Aramis have front legs a little in front of the withers. I know the Yak doesn't. Maybe I'll use Yak Kenai on Pete's kids to keep that from becoming a thing in my herd. I'm still waiting to see what Aramis' rump does. It looks like it's changing lately and that line tends to flatten as they mature. IDK how far it will go though. Most show people just pinch their goats hips down and throw their hocks out behind them to flatten their hips out lately. I hate that. Wrong geometry. If Aramis stays steep he will be sold. And pinched down does not count. Flatten out, Bro. Gaining some length might be good too! (basically, not sure this guy will make the cut but not ready to let go yet)

Once a month I would do a top to bottom cleanse of the children's rooms.
Oh goodness, with three boys and a husband where if it's set down it disappears that would be a great idea except the whole house, garage, and shop would need done. Also, I might get thrown out for that. I might have to start doing that at some point. The lack of tidiness in this household drives me nuts.

Last edited: