rachels.haven's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My tomato vines shot up to 10 to 12' feet tall, then fell over. I'd have to hang them outside from a tree......that would sorta kinda halfway maybe-so defeat the purpose. Not to mention that I plant them close, so they are all interwoven together. Just heard on the news that we will probably get a frost Monday night, so I'll be out there, suited up (WHERE did I put my Haz-mat suit????) so I can pick green tomatoes.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The virus has weakened to where a lot of people are getting it but not showing many symptoms if they have any at all.
Must be why 6 people have died in Vermont in the last week. The first deaths since the end of July.

Tomato plants, leaves and stems have some sort of "poison" in them that is designed to stop predatory insects etc.
Except, apparently, HORNWORMS!!! I sure wish the "poison" did those things in when they were 1/4" long. There are predatory wasps that lay eggs on the hornworm and the "babies" eat the hornworm .... but not before it has decimated the tomato plant.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Taking a break from heavy lifting for a while and will be using the husband and wheelbarrow and leaving hay deliveries in the garage.

Happy Thanksgiving
IMG_20201125_225829209.jpg

Here's our new third son-another oversized, fat, early baby boy ready to go reek havoc with his brothers.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @rachels.haven,

I'm with the others -- if you have mentioned it in the past, I missed it, too.

So, you have had Active Aiden and Danger Dan. Now, do you have Mighty Mo? Richocet Robert? Fantastic Sam?

Whatever you have, congratulations!
Love @Senile_Texas_Aggie 's suggestions..... so we wait on bated breath for the final answer.....:idunno:hu:pop:pop:pop:jumpy

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boys are fun! So are girls, but boys are really fun.

They are not really destructive, just insatiably curious and do everything they see you doing. At the age of 18 months, DS1 could not talk, but knew the difference between a slot and Phillips head screwdriver. We know this because we thought it was a fluke when DH asked me for a slot head and DS1 toddled over with it. We tested him several times, then I moved the tool bag onto the counter. LOL

When DS2 was 4 years old he took all the door knobs in the house off. We had just finished putting new ones on all the doors with our nifty new electric screwdriver. LOL He knew how to work it. :\

Probably because we spent the first 48 years of our married lives renovating and building, they grew up knowing what all the tools were and how to use them. This was handy because they could do anything under DH's guidance and instruction and eventually under their own.

Soon you to will have your own constructions force! Destruction force? Hard to tell sometimes! LOL

Congratulations of the new baby boy! :love

Latest posts