Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Raviolianna and a milk mustache! Ha! :lol: Funny how those baby goats don't hesitate to take a drink off anybody's udder when they can!

Sorry about your losses, too. I out my turkey poults outside for the first time today. Keeping my fingers crossed! They are in a small dog kennel, so I'd like to think they are somewhat protected. :fl

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raviolianna is a real cutie. She keeps putting her head down near Georgia's big belly like she is getting ready for another stealth milk mustache mission....I need to start putting the big babies in another pen so poor Georgia can have some peace. Ravi hollers at all of us when she sees anyone, wanting attention. She even just hears the neighbor calling her dogs or whatever and starts screaming at her to come give her some attention!

Good luck with your turkeys Bridge. This is the first time we have had losses like this. If it isn't the possum getting our babies, it is probably the cats that got dumped out here. I guess the orange one was in the trap this morning and my kid let him out!:he Since it wasn't the possum he figured he should let him go. I told him that even though our cats leave the birds alone, not all cats do. I want to take these strays to the animal control as I can't possibly handle feeding any more. And they fight with my rescue cats so they need to go. I had to lock Beastie up in a cage overnight because she managed to get into the trap in the first hour it was set. I figured that I would catch our own cats 80 or 90 percent of the time so that didn't surprise me.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still waiting on my Georgia Peach to have her kids........ I do believe we are close as her curtains were open for a bit today.... I guess a few of the babies were peeking out her rear window at the outside world but decided not to come out yet. :p :lol:

I spent $30 on used dryer from CL and after I changed the electrical cord, (all by myself... I am so proud of me!).... It works!!!! Yeah! I still need a washer, but I had a really funny idea. I think I should share with the rest of the world, that is also disgruntled at the crummy company that makes the crummy brand of washer, how you redneck wash in the stupid thing. You wouldn't believe it. Basically it is hand washing, but then you use the machine to do a little agitating and all the wringing for you....Hmmm U tube, maybe....

I had 4 chicks hatch. Two Faverolles from Sandy and Altitude and 2 more lavenders from my project pens. One of the lavenders had curled under feet that didn't straighten out, so I used band aids to make corrective chickie foot splints. Now she is officially a duck! :lol:

My broken truck is back from the doctors. She had exploded one of her hoses and not related to that, the rotors needed sanding. So we are all better now.

ADGA is so very difficult! I am really frustrated with them. I think I will do mostly AGS and maybe charge more for having to deal with ADGA if anyone wants papers from them. I had one account with my name and my daughters. Then my son wanted to show this year too so I tried to add him. So I need a whole new account. OK. But now, the goat kids aren't able to be registered to us unless we transfer the dams to the new account or pay the dues on the old account and then transfer the babies to the new account. So I would have to juggle 2 accounts (paying dues on both) or pay and have all the goats transferred to the new account so I don't have to worry about breeding memos from myself to myself!!!!! REALLY???!!! I am of the understanding that minors in California can't own property and can not enter into contracts to buy and sell. Got it. I totally agree with that. But then for our county fairs, the kids have to have their names on the goat registrations for showing. If the goats were in the kids names and they head off to college leaving the goats behind, I would have to worry about them signing papers and selling the goats or their offspring when they weren't here, or else selling them unregistered so I don't have to worry about it. But I want registered animals myself so I think they are more marketable with papers........ OYE!

My lavender sebastopol geese are molting and the new feathers are coming a really pretty purpley blue.

Whoa Nellie is changing colors on me. She was black with brown moonspots and one light tan moonspot. We shaved her for the 4H fair and now she is getting all kinds of white hairs coming in all over like she took a roan shower. One of her chocolate spots is getting an overlay of a white roan spot. But not the whole chocolate patch, just about 2/3 of it. I think a chameleon may have come acalling when her mom was in heat one night....... :p

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you do a lease agreement with him? Around here, all the 4-H/youth that don't own their animals can lease them.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I never even thought about leasing them to my kids. How does that work exactly? Is it too much more trouble than just transferring them?

I am thinking I should have just registered them in AGS and only transferred the ones the kids wanted to be theirs. Now I have to deal with both registries.

The problem is that usually, any animal that I decide I want to be mine, ends up really friendly and then one of the kids "steals" it from me. :p Not that that is a problem, but the ones they start out with aren't necessarily the ones the end up wanting to keep or show. With chickens, I used to let the kids decide what kinds to get, but then they always just took mine anyways, so I started only getting what I wanted and letting them choose from there.

Still no babies from Georgie.....but she was groaning uncomfortably.....:pop I didn't let her out back yet, but I am going to check on her again to see if she looks ready to kid yet. if not, she can go out for a few hours, but it is going to get 103 here....HOT!

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
When leasing an animal for 4H, all we have to do here is sign a paper, and that is that. Seems like it would be much easier than having two accounts if you could do that. Glad your truck is all better. :)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am glad my truck is better too and I am glad the rotor thing was taken care of before it caused further damage or an accident. My most precious cargo is still my family (even though sometimes I am truly tempted to trade a few of them for a goat or 2! :lol:). It is good to know the friends and neighbors you can count on too, when you don't have wheels but need to get somewhere important....like work or the feed store. :p

I should ask the registries about leasing them, maybe I can look it up....that really sounds so much easier.

Still no babies from Georgia. I spent about an hour out with her right now. She is breathing really shallow and fast and every now and then she makes a sort of whispered groan... I told her she could let the "cats" out of the bag.....She just put her head against my shoulder for some more loving.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but a few days ago, I was chatting with Miss Georgia, letting her know that I formally request quads and all girls :)lol:) and that she could just deliver them overnight through Fed Ex if she wished, when I peeked at her girlie parts, just checking, and I found a rock stuck in a very strategic place!!:gig I think she was trying to keep them from escaping! :lol: Or maybe she was worried if she sneezed too hard they would come flying out. :p I am thinking she might be just a bit self conscious of others seeing what is going on back there......

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to get the registry involved in a lease. All you need is a form that states that you are leasing these animals (name/number/registration number) to so-and-so from this date to this date or for a specific event - signed and dated by both parties. When checking in at a show, your son would show the lease form along with any other paperwork to the people in charge. That's how it works here anyways.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Purplequeen. This registry stuff with ADGA is a real pain. AGS was easier. Since my kids are minors, they just added them to my account and I imagine, when they quit I can remove them with out any fuss too.

Bon, I know I never want to have a rock stuck there!.....maybe she decided that was it....if they weren't out already, they could just stay in there forever. My girlfriend said that same thing when someone started telling her horror stories about the birthing experience.

I thought for sure yesterday, the kids were about to fall right out of her, but this morning when I got home from work, Georgia appears to have sucked them all in...She was even all puckered up! :lol: I guess she was afraid I would make her stay in all day if she looked too loose back there.

Sandy, my light Faverolle girl, died yesterday. I am pretty sure it was the heat. We were over a hundred so I am not too surprised, but she was my last Sandhill girl. I did have 2 babies just hatch from her and Altitude, and one more in the bator drying off right now, but I really wanted to put her in with the lighter rooster....I threw all the rest of her eggs in so hopefully I will get a few more babies.

My little female call duck Sterling disappeared a few days ago......I don't think I am going to find her alive if at all. So now I have 3 drakes Wesley, Chubbs, and Physic, and my only duck is Buttercup.

I shaved the dogs a few weeks ago to try and cut down on all the shedding in the kitchen. I gave Beaux Jangles a bunny tail and Whiskey a lion tail, just because it amuses me. I left their ruffs....not sure if I like it better or not that way. I love how the shaved part looks and feels though. Like velvet.

I think my fishtank feels lonely. I still have 3 big koi, but I miss Sampson and Nemo. Sammy died the day after Nemo, I think of a broken heart. I had him forever....well about 8 years I think.