Raw milk

ohwell

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Another very interesting thing to note is that processing the milk still doesn't make it 100% safe. There have been a few cases where people got very sick. Can't quite recall though if they died or not somehow I remember that at least 1 did. If the milk doesn't have anything bad in it, in my opinion it wouldn't have anything good in it either.

chicken fruit

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
You're actually more likely to get a milk born disease from pasteurized milk than raw. The deciding factor is the milking parlor and kitchen. If the animals are clean, the parlor is clean, and the milk is handled properly its actually safer than the stuff in the stores.

Thats been proven many times over by studies in the UK and Europe- even in the US.

There was one study in particular, done in the UK, which REALLY sticks in my mind. They took two groups of 70 people (my memory seems to think) and gave one group raw milk and the other store bought milk. There was something like 30% more cases of TB and brucellosis in the pasteurized milk group than the raw milk group.

Google raw milk facts and it should bring up those case studies and reviews. Pretty interesting stuff.

more people die and have died from pasteurized milk as opposed to raw. Back when the CDC and FDA were really pushing for unification and standards that required pasteurization, and were really pushing for the home milker to heat their milk before consumption, there were no vaccines for TB and brucellosis, fridges were not widely used or overly functional, and people didnt understand or have the ability to keep their animals clean.

clarmayfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Raw milk is safe, for older children and adults. I grew up with it. I would be careful giving it to children under the age of one year.

Even though I am a dairy farmer, I would caution you in buying it from anywhere...make certain it is from a clean, honest dairy.

In many states (mine included) it is illegal for a dairy producer to sell.

Hollywood Goats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
http://www.realmilk.com/

I have been drinking raw milk for 6 years and I have never became sick from and I have never heard of anyone getting sick from it.
Several States are making it legal.
I know many little kids that drink raw milk and they are very healthy!

Latest posts