Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you look back at the picture(l to r):
DS(16) is showing Shenanigan(mini mancha), DS(13) is showing Totty(Nigie) and DD is showing Dahlia(Nigie)
Too funny because I didn't catch the ears with the way the head was turned but my first thought was "that's a nice looking goat"! :lol: Now it makes sense. A mini lamancha! :D

in DS(16)'s defense.. the animals really aren't his thing but he will help with chores and is willing to show so that we get as much feedback as we can on the goats. He claims Rio(Lamancha) and her daughters for showing.
Well, it sounds to me your son is pretty darn smart. We have a few clients that have Nigerians, they love them but none of their kids want to show them, they want to show Lamanchas. IMO Lamanchas are so much easier to show. They cooperate! :p

Why could you not have goats? Seems a nice hilly island would be perfect for them.
Bahamas are on a coral reef, no soil. No hay, everything is shipped in. The water is also an issue. Besides the salty environment is killer on everything.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
in DS(16)'s defense.. the animals really aren't his thing but he will help with chores and is willing to show so that we get as much feedback as we can on the goats. He claims Rio(Lamancha) and her daughters for showing.
I don't think I could deal with a goat that doesn't even come up to my knees!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So DH was planning to go deer hunting this weekend and he typically goes 5 hours north of us to hunt on land that has been in his family for years....Mother Nature had other ideas!! Since we have a snow removal route, we have to watch the weather closely especially when snow is forecasted...for most of the week-forecast called for 1/2 inch till we got to Thursday morning and snow totals were upped 1-4 inches with a possible heavy band of snow across our area....given that we have 45 places to take care of, several that require the truck/plow, he decided not to go so that DS(16), DS(13) and myself weren't stuck trying to take care of everything. We ended up around 1 inch of snow but sure was glad to have DH helping :D =D especially on the bigger areas!!

Here are a couple pictures: 1st pictures shows our mini manchas and their dam: Munchkin(2017 kid), Shay(2018 kid) and Rio- eating at the snack bar
Rio-Munckin-Shay-11-13-2018(c).jpg

2nd picture shows our first goat Melanie(she was the one who started our adventure into goats) and her 2018 doeling-Totty
Melanie-Totty-8-2018(c).jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same to you H&R.
DD home for the long weekend I presume. DD2 didn't come home at Thanksgiving, just too long a trip.

Latest posts