Recently got arab mare..*question on how to find her bloodlines?*

KlassieKeepsake

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I recently got this beautiful Arabian mare, and I'm curious about her bloodlines. I was told she either never had papers, or they were lost. all i really know about her parents is that the father's name has the word "dark" in it [which is really no help,LOL.] I was also told she's either Russian or Egyptian. Is there anyway i can find her bloodlines?

adoptedbyachicken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Unless you have a possible location of the stud I think your out of luck. If you can get a location call a local breeder of Arabians and see if they can help, give the year before her birth if you have it, and ask about studs in the area at that time.

Dark is just not enough. I can think of 3 studs in my life with dark in their name, none of them Arabian though.

If your so lucky to get a breeder/stud possibility if they keep their record books as they should they would still have info on the dam. If the foal was registered and they were informed as they should be (and again they kept records) you could have a pedigree. You will not get papers however, since it's all conjecture that this is the foal that resulted.

xoxocammyxoxo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
RSD Dark Victory is an Arabian stallion out of Ellensburg, WA

http://www.orrionfarms.com/

You may want to contact them and see if they may know something.

I second the suggestion to get in contact with the Arabian Horse Association

http://www.arabianhorses.org

Tell them that you have a mare that might have papers and you'd like to have her dna tested to identify her. They will tell you the paperwork you need to print out and send in to get her dna tested. I do believe it's around $60.

Good luck

KlassieKeepsake

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
alright, new problem.

I was told she was 11-12 [the vet said she was 8 about 3 years ago] but Darq died at the end of 1993.. Also there was no record of a "darq snow" in the arab data source. i am pretty sure she is registered, though. I was told her papers were lost when she was seized/bought from an abusive owner. :/ Any suggestions of what to do next? I'm now going to contact www.arabianhorses.com but who knows how much help they will be :p

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
KlassieKeepsake said:
alright, new problem.

I was told she was 11-12 [the vet said she was 8 about 3 years ago] but Darq died at the end of 1993.. Also there was no record of a "darq snow" in the arab data source. i am pretty sure she is registered, though. I was told her papers were lost when she was seized/bought from an abusive owner. :/ Any suggestions of what to do next? I'm now going to contact www.arabianhorses.com but who knows how much help they will be :p
AHA is www.arabianhorses.org

If you know the sire, it would be helpful.

Latest posts