Registration question!

WannaBeFarmR

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a doe for sale who should be pregnant she was bred to a buck I owned but recently sold him. If the doe's new owners want to register her kids (if/when born) do I need to provide them with a service memo or something? I'm not sure what I need to provide the new owner since the kids are unborn and I won't be owning either parent at the time of birth. The buyer asked if they are register-able and I'm not exactly sure what to tell them on this? I assume they are but not sure what the process to do that is? Thanks guys.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure about other breeds, but in Pygmy world -if you owned the buck and doe at time of conception - the goats would be registered with you as the breeder - your herd name - and the buyer listed as owner.

Again, in NPGA registration, there is a spot on the registration form asking who owned the goat(s) at time of conception. If you owned the buck at time of breeding, you do not have to give a breeding memo.

Here is NPGA registration form - you can look at it and see how it's done. http://www.npga-pygmy.com/forms/Registration_App.pdf

Perhaps your breed club has online forms you can look at to check the requirements?

WannaBeFarmR

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
great idea thanks, I'll check out the forms with adga and see.

Latest posts