Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
All,

At the risk of having everyone mad at me, I'd like to comment. I trust you, Miss @Ridgetop, you, Miss @Baymule, and you, Mr. @greybeard, enough that I would gladly buy a used car from any of you, or would trust you to do my taxes and not to steal my identity or screw me over. You three are among my favorite of folks here on this forum.

I hate to see you folks go at one another as I like all three of you a lot. I wish that we could all calm down and not say any more hurtful things to one another. I think the issue is that you three disagree as to what the right thing to do is in this particular case. That's OK. None of us has cornered the market either in wisdom or ethical behavior. So please, don't be saying any more hurtful things about each other. None of us can boast of having always done the right thing.

I think the world would be a so much better place if we each took to heart these four words: I might be wrong.

Now. You folks can tear into me if you wish. Just please don't do so to each other any more.

Senile Texas Aggie

P.S.: Apologies to Miss @Ridgetop for hijacking your journel.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would not tear into you @Senile_Texas_Aggie and there is truth in what you say. I like @greybeard, he is an asset to this forum and very helpful to members here. He is also known to make people angry with some of his comments. The proper thing to do in such a situation is to apologize. I don't wear my feelings on my shirt sleeve, I'm practically impervious, but don't smear my name. Whether he meant to or not, that's how it came out and not only me, but others have commented along the same line.

@Ridgetop hasn't even been on her thread, she's busy getting ready for her 4th of July party. Ridgetop I am sorry for blowing up your journal. When you come to Texas, I'll have some chilled wine and we can share some laughs. What is your favorite? Rose', red, white?

I'm moving on. I'm not waiting on GB to make it right with his rudeness, not holding my breath on that one. I still like greybeard. I still think he is a donkey. I've had donkeys, I like donkeys. He's in good company. ;)

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for all your concern, we are fine and the party was great.
Yup! 2 big ones. They hit near Ridgecrest CA which is the earthquake capitol of the world. It is about 100-50 miles northeast toward Death Valley. I missed the first one since I was on my hands and knees peering into a lower cabinet looking for some of my party stuff. I thought I was just dizzy from being upside down! LOL DH and DS1 starting saying "Earthquake" while DS2's soon-to-be-fiancée was in the process of opening the fridge to put away party food and thought the fridge was falling on her! Yesterday as I was putting away the party stuff and unloading the dishwasher the second big one hit. It was larger than the first 6.4 one at 7.1and lasted abut 1-2 minutes. That is long for an earthquake. It felt like it was stopping and then would get stronger again. I always check the light fixtures and fans to see if they are swaying. LOL No damage where we were.

Years ago when we had a barn full of hanging rabbit cages I had just put a doe into a buck's cage for them to breed and turned away to do another chore. The cages started swaying and rattling. I thought that buck must be pretty excited until I realized it was an earthquake! :bunny :lol:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry! Just went back and saw what everyone had been posting about GB. He was definitely rude to Baymule and should apologize to her. :hugs And I appreciate everyone's defense of us. :hugs

As for me I know what he is like and should have expected it and not bothered to respond. I enjoy a lot of his dry humor and pithy remarks so try not to get upset when they are turned on me. Life is too short to wait for any apologies from GB.

As far as his remarks to me - Gammy used to say "Water off a Duck's Back" . . . . ;)

Still getting over the 4th July party - anyone want to come over for leftovers? DD2 took some with her but DS2 and GF went up to visit DS3 and DIL in Nipomo. I thought they might take some of the leftovers with them but NO! We will be eating leftovers for days. Good thing is I don't have to cook! :yesss: Sent emergency text to DD1 to come get some of this food. :fl

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have some good Texas wines. My favorite is Llano Sweet Red. I’m not much of a wine connoisseur LOL. If you are a fan of country singer Miranda Lambert, her parents own a store in Lindale called The Pink Pistol. Her father is on the board of directors of quite a few wineries and The Pink Pistol has a wine tasting room. Do you think y’all will make it over this way? We’ll invite @Devonviolet and her husband for steaks on the grill so they can meet y’all too.

Latest posts