SageHill Ranch Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Obi knew it wasn’t a rattlesnake. Calm down, don’t have a heart attack. Obi would miss you!

Yay on getting the van fixed!

Just super awesome on the 2 greenhouses. You will really enjoy those!

I’m glad you had a wonderful day. You are an exceptional thoughtful person and you deserve a day when things all go right!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did that "graze thing" :) this morning. The sheep were quite pleased to be on mustard duty. Thank goodness they didn't ask for hotdogs to go with that mustard ;):lol:. Had them out for a couple hours of mustard and geranium snacking (with some sugarbush sumac and wild buckwheat for good measure). While we were out DH continued work on the greenhouse. The progress is sloooooow. He gets bogged into the little details - this or that, then that or this. How big a gap did I want between the shelf boards I say grab a nail and use that for a measure. Big nail? Little nail? Medium nail?? Hopefully we'll get to the rock yard to get the "flooring" tomorrow. I want to start planting!!! Any nail sweetie, any nail!! :rolleyes:
Patience Grasshopper
IMG_8842.jpeg

IMG_8843.jpeg

IMG_8850.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
While a man searches for the “proper” tool for the job, a woman uses what is close at hand, makes it work and has it done when man comes back with proper tool in hand.

That being said, BJ slapped things together with duct tape and or super glue while I got the “ right” things together. Then I had to admire and brag on his expertise. Sigh….. so I bought him colored and festive printed duct tape. It only made his fix-it jobs look worse, but he loved the colors. I’d like a little duct tape in my life…..

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow - been over a week since I last posted here. Well it's been one of those kinda weeks-ish. Tripped at the park a week and a half ago - one of those parking curbs grabbed my foot and pulled me down. Jammed finger, both knees bruised, ribs and shoulder on one side bruised, face plant for the extra benefit of a shiner. That put an end to weed wacking for awhile.
The 40 ac avocado grove taken out.
Went to the dermatologist to have some areas frozen - now both hands are sporting blisters - very ugly and big (added no more weed wacking for awhile again).
Two days after that trip I'm down with a nasty cold (haven't been sick since Dec 2019). Gee - wonder where I picked up that bug! grrr
I'm sure there's stuff I've left out.
Today the dinosaurs that ate the grove are gone and all is quiet. Though totally decimated the land. It's pretty land, but so very sad to watch as old grove trees were chopped, eaten and chipped all at once. The deep pocket farmer (according to the guys who took out the grove) is older - wonder if he'll see the "huge crops" that he was told he'd get. Seven years minimum before the first harvest on a new grove.
On the plus side, we got the aluminet up on the greenhouse and the temp dropped almost 5 degrees immediately! That stuff works. I knew it would as I've used it before for other things.
OH yeah - and today at the barn my tomato box (30 in high) was decimated. Little seedlings stripped. DAMN squirrel - and complete with a squirrel hole - flooded it - drown damn you. @farmerjan I've joined your war on critters.
Here's a before and after. Though the before was taken a bit after they started taking the grove down. Trees covered everything. No more. I keep telling myself at least it's not a subdivision. I'll get used to it.
before-after.jpg

Sheep and dogs are all doing well. Chickens are being chickens - one is broody.