Herd Master
Reaction score
This would likely have been a better option:
81k0TjjiQ%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Receiver-Trailer-Category-Tractor-Drawbar/dp/B01M1DP96U

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those bars are a great help when needing to have more than one type of hitch available at the same time. We have one with a ball, and can use the holes with a wagon that you just drop a hitch pin through on a hole close to the ball. They also are great to hook up something that you need to be off center to manuever when quarters are tight. The only thing that concerns me in the picture is that he does not leave it in the quick hitch but puts the ends through to secure it with the lynch pin on the ends

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had the quick hitch levers up at that moment because I had just dropped it back in there. I remembered that I promised STA pictures, so I snapped them right quick before my feeble brain short circuited again. LOL

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Miss @Baymule, for the pictures! I have the 3-pt hitch similar to the one Mr. @Bruce showed, although I think I got it at Alma Tractor. I have ordered a hydraulic top link and hoses from Tractor Supply and am awaiting their deliveries. I may also buy a quick hitch like Miss Baymule and Mr. Bruce showed. The thing that takes me the longest in hooking up 3-pt equipment is the PTO (if required) and the top link.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
All,

Well, it seems like we won't need to worry about the pig any more. Our neighbor just north of us shot her in his yard. 20191112_090000_dead_pig.jpg

It was 33° this morning! Quite chilly! But it made easy for working along the edge of the woods. I keep forgetting to take "before" pictures, and I can't take "after" pictures because the bushes, vines, shrubs, and trees are still where we cut them. My grapple is out of commission because the left hydraulic cylinder was leaking and I took it to Alma Tractor and they have yet to get it repaired. As soon as I get everything picked up, then I will take the "after" pictures.

Not much else is happening here. I hope you folks have a great weekend! :frow

Senile Texas Aggie

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She looks like a domestic pig that got loose. There are some around here that have the white belt around their middle like a Hampshire hog. Domestic hogs never stop growing, they can get over 1,000 pounds. Feral hogs tend to be much smaller, it takes a lot of food to grow that big and Mother Nature is very efficient.