Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you can find a tractor that works :flMaybe you can sell the broken tractor for parts and at least make some of your money back.

That is currently what I am planning on doing, although I may find so little market for the parts.

Not contaminated! Added PIZZAZ!

Texas Aggie joke: What do you get when you cross a chimpanzee with a Texas Aggie? A retarded monkey!

What's he going to do while he saves up?? Lotta land there with no tractor 😢

I am currently considering a Kioti RX7320 cab tractor that is for sale at the dealer where I had my tractor worked on. It is more tractor than I really need but I am sure that I can put it to work. The only problem is the cost: > $40K. Ouch! That is why I have not pulled the trigger on the purchase. But I will probably be buying a tractor soon.

Senile Texas Aggie

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
AW, but I like @Senile_Texas_Aggie . Your adventures remind me of how home improvement usually goes for my husband, and it makes me feel better because YOU are still trucking, so he can still carry on, right? (although I admit I've called in the professionals a few times and banned him from ladders and roofs higher than a certain amount of feet) Your adventures are very real for me. And my guy is smart-he's like a walking encyclopedia/all things math science text. But nothing comes intuitively for him in the physical realm. He has to learn it all. You're learning. Your wife may have to ban you from ladders or haul you out of the mud and say no more to save your life or something similar, but you will learn and grow. You're very ambitious and determined and that seems to drag you through.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kyotis are nice, but expensive. DS3 just bought one - he uses his tractor constantly (previously ours but too large for our property) and it finally bit the dust. He said his new tractor cost a lot. I didn't want to know any more because I fear DH will insist he needs one NOW. When we were visiting DS3 I saw DH caressing the tractor. :rolleyes: I promised him one when we move but here on these slopes it just would not be very usable..

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am currently considering a Kioti RX7320 cab tractor that is for sale at the dealer
That is a WHOLE lotta tractor, 73HP, 63 HP PTO! I don't know how many hours are on it, what year or attachments but my guess is that price is pretty good. Tractorhouse has a new 2020 listed in Iowa for $47K, only attachment listed is the loader and bucket (nearly 7 feet wide).

In case it is a consideration:
Weight:5600 to 6162 pounds

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I asked DS3 what Kyoti tractor he just bought and he said it is a DK4210 With the front end loader and backhoe. It was $39,250 new. I think he said it will take most of his other Farmall attachments that he bought, i.e. post hole digger, hay forks, mower, etc. He loves it but has only had it a couple of months so the honeymoon glow is still on it.

If you can get a more powerful one for $40,000. That sounds like a good price. Is it new or used?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the tractor "woes", but for what it is worth....my opinion about the matter is this....with the "picture" that is before us, I just wouldb't want to be "obligated" to such a debt at this uncertain time....it isn't like ya will be using it for any "return" to help pay the note and something else is....things with high "price tags" are not "cheap" to have fixed or worked on....and the price of the parts and equipment seem to "mirror" the difference in purchase prices....will the equipment ya already have work with the new one or not?....if so, then will the tractor people's warranty cover the use of off brand impliments being attached if something breaks?.....will anyone closeby work on it?....ya certainly don't want the cheapest, but should be a mid-range, mid-grade ones to chose that won't take ya to tbe "cleaners"....things aren't made to "last" these days and times....it is a "disposible society"..... :)
This is totally my opinion and the things that would cross my mind, if I was "standing in your shoes".....just sayin'.....:hugs:frow

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to just now respond to all of the posts. I left early this morning and am only now ready to respond to the posts.

AW, but I like @Senile_Texas_Aggie . Your adventures remind me of how home improvement usually goes for my husband, and it makes me feel better because YOU are still trucking, so he can still carry on, right? (although I admit I've called in the professionals a few times and banned him from ladders and roofs higher than a certain amount of feet) Your adventures are very real for me. And my guy is smart-he's like a walking encyclopedia/all things math science text. But nothing comes intuitively for him in the physical realm. He has to learn it all. You're learning. Your wife may have to ban you from ladders or haul you out of the mud and say no more to save your life or something similar, but you will learn and grow. You're very ambitious and determined and that seems to drag you through.

Thank you, Miss @rachels.haven! Those are very kind words, only some of which I deserve. I hope I can help others, if nothing more than in how NOT to do things (like fix a water line)! :D =D Some things I am afraid to tackle, and other things I am not (but probably ought to be). But being retired enables me to usually take my time (the water line had a sense of urgency), and I can learn as I go. This forum helps a good bit, as well as YouTube. I like helping folks, and I appreciate it when folks like those on this forum help me.

That is a WHOLE lotta tractor, 73HP, 63 HP PTO! I don't know how many hours are on it, what year or attachments but my guess is that price is pretty good. Tractorhouse has a new 2020 listed in Iowa for $47K, only attachment listed is the loader and bucket (nearly 7 feet wide).

In case it is a consideration:
Weight:5600 to 6162 pounds

It is more tractor than I really need at the moment. The only reason I am considering it is that it is the only cab tractor at that dealership for that price. (The other cab tractors they have are much bigger Ag tractors -- > 100 hp and much bigger price tags.)

Weight is a consideration, as my current trailer is rated at 7000 lbs -- 3000 lbs on each of the 2 tandem axles and 1000 lbs of tongue weight. But considering that the dealership is only 5 miles away, unless the tractor becomes disabled, I could drive it there.

If you can get a more powerful one for $40,000. That sounds like a good price. Is it new or used?

It is new. I wish I could find a used tractor that I know is good with no major problems. There are lots of them out there, but the uncertainty of buying a lemon has me cautious. I would really hate to spend $20-25K on a used tractor with no warranty and 3 months later discover it has major problems.

with the "picture" that is before us, I just wouldb't want to be "obligated" to such a debt at this uncertain time....it isn't like ya will be using it for any "return" to help pay the note and something else is....

Wise words, Mr @CntryBoy777. Believe me, I have thought about it.

Early this morning I went to the dealership to talk to the mechanics in the shop about Kiotis versus other brands and how reliable they are. They are an honest bunch of folks and would shoot straight with me. They said that Kioti is just as good as the other brands. They said that the different tractors they get come in waves, it seems. One week it is all green (John Deere, which they don't sell but they do service, or Duetch Farr (sp?)), red (Case IH, Massey Ferguson, and McCormick), orange (Kubota and Kioti), then other models. So I felt better about the reliability of Kioti.

As I was approaching the shop to talk to the mechanics I ran into the sales rep (the owner's son) and told him I would be starting the paperwork to get a loan approved for the Kioti RX7320. When I cam back out, the sales rep wasn't around, so I walked out front of the dealership and saw several Kioti DK5510s, all of which were open station. I looked up the price of those and saw that they were 55 hp and around $28K or so. I thought, "Dang it, STA, you shouldn't be spending so much money on a tractor! After all, you are not using it to make money, just using it to improve what we already have." So I went back home to do research on the DK5510s.

When I got home, my Beautiful Gal was surprised that I was home so soon. I told her what I had learned and my doubts about the bigger tractor. She told me that she insisted that I get a cab tractor, as I am prone to skin cancer (definitely true), and that I have become more susceptible to heat exhaustion (lately true). She did not want me out working on the far side of the property in the heat with no way to get relief from the heat, so I needed to get a cab tractor with A/C. I told her about hating to spend that much money. She said that in 10 years I will be 78 years old and if I wanted a toy tractor it was my decision but she thought I should get a more capable one. After thinking it over I decided that I would pay cash for the RX7320, so I withdrew enough money from my IRA. That way I don't have to worry about making payments or anything else. I just hope I don't regret spending that much money, as we may need it for other things (like food!).

Senile Texas Aggie

Latest posts