Do you see that sweet face?

634C38F0-58CF-4910-BFCC-E29F36FA57F9.jpeg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a funny story that takes owners of LGDs to truly appreciate. It’s in Sheba’s thread because she came out the winner.

Background; Sentry and my son Layne have a love-hate relationship. Sentry loves to hate Layne. When Sentry was a young dog, recovering from hip dysplasia surgery, Layne came in one night, big guy, wearing a black cowboy hat, loud, grabbed me in a big hug. Sentry just went absolutely bonkers in full protection mode, snarling and barking.

I calmed him down, but Sentry remained suspicious of Layne and did not like him. As time went on, Sentry would wag his tail, whine, excited to see Layne. Layne would talk baby talk and reach to pet Sentry and Sentry would back up barking and growling. Every once in awhile Layne can pet Sentry. So now you know the backstory.

Layne was here over the weekend and was helping me do chores. He carried a bucket of water to lambs in the front yard. I had the 3 Anatolians in the front yard, it’s been so hot that they go under the porch to stay cool.

Layne was petting Sheba and Buford, scratching ears and talking to them. Sentry came up, wagging his tail, wanting to get petting too. Layne reached to pet Sentry and in Laynes words, “Sentry went bi-polar on me, snarling and barking.”

Sentry is Buford’s mentor, teacher and hero. Sentry just said Layne is a Bad Man. Buford’s hair on his back stood up and he bared his teeth at Layne.

At this point, Sheba intervened. She raised her paw and smacked Buford, knocking him to the ground. She pinned him down, then went back to Layne for more ear scratches.