Sheep sounds

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I notice each one of the goats has a voice of their own. It is just like having 80 kids. All of them sound different. The dogs and cats, also. And every one of them have different sounds for distress, discomfort, happiness, anger, frustration, disappointment, satisfaction, pain, etcetera.

I swear they even laugh at me. One of the bucks here makes a whawh, whawh, whawh sound when he's laughing that sounds just like a cartoon laugh. His face screws up all funny and he looks like he's smiling.

Mama rarely talks, but when she does, she really speaks volumes with just a few words. (She's my herd queen.) She speaks more with her eyes. She has a face of disdain. (Here's a pic.)
Mama.jpg

I was asking her to get up. She had a sore foot and was due to have babies soon. She gave me such a look!

Her mother sounds are so different from the other goats and so gentle, protective and loving. She's the best mother in the herd. But she has her discipline mother sounds which are firm and no nonsense. They are different from her herd discipline sounds.

She even has different sounds for breeding.
"Oh, I'm so giddy right now. Where are the boys when you need them?"
"Sara, can't you drive faster, I can smell the boys?"
"Come on already Bucky boy, I'm here, let's get this done." She's very no nonsense about breeding.
"I'm finished, quit fooling around. I want a martini and a cigarette, go find another girl to bother."

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Queen mum......Interesting and funny store about your matriarch doe.....she's beautiful.....and she knows it.;)

Latest posts