Shortages

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the news just now, US selling our strategic petroleum reserves to China. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR CITIZENS OF OUR COUNTRY. Way to go Brandon.

DOW on 8 week losing streak, longest in 90 years.
Selling our reserves😳😡? Just when I think I’ve seen ultimate stupidity and betrayal. Good Lord. Folks stack food and necessities to the rafters. We’ll make it because we’re smart but make sure you have what you need.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
for term limits, there are two very very old facelifted ladies in the govt that NEED to be OUSTED. And they happen to be from Calif.
Lot of old farts on both sides of aisle that need replaced. I suspect some of them had facelifts too, paid for by overly generous medical care policies we pay for and cannot get. Then there's the Dreamland retirement we pay them! 🤔

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I've been thumbing threw this I have to agree with alot that is being said I agree with alot of it. But what is the conclusion of it all.

Who created the young ones who don't know anything who voted in the people in the gov??

Why is the work force down and dropping?

Just keep reading and I'll tell ya and I u get mad and cause a seen then ok.

Boomers. Baby boomers and the generation after them. Maybe I e said this before but I'm gonna say it again. Don't get mad at the younger generations that were raised by them. It's not their fault they don't know any different. But they should listen to others more.

Why's the work force low who's retiring right now who started to retire when COVID started.? Boomers. Who didn't want to train the next gens? Boomers. I'm only 35 but this is what I see. I see it in all aspects of our lives. The older generations are to loud and proud to move out.of the way and let the next ones try. Some of the next ones are trying to but they still get ran over by the older folks. I was talking to a friend last night and he named 8 people I know who are between the age of 57 and 67 who are retiring next month.

So this isn't a who is at fault situation it is how do we get out.of it situation. To many people retiring not.enough people to replace the biggest generation. Why do u think the borders aren't gonna get closed alot of u will thank that nurse when your in the home. To many people from the boomers are gonna flood the homes also the next few generations had less kids so less workers. Why do u think COVID was released. Maybe to get rid of some older people who will be on ss and in the homes.

Just my thoughts we are gonna be in this for the long haul and yes you are correct the young ones won't know how to survive.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And u might ask how can I say this.

This is what I see from my own life. From work to church to family and friends. This is what I have seen. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe it's just me my family and my area. But I don't think so.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You didn’t make me mad. I’m a big girl, blame me. I’m also retired. And on SS and Covid killed the love of my life. I did a damn fine job of raising my kids, thank you very much. I’ve always been happy to teach and train others who wanted to learn. I’ve owned businesses, employed others and trained them. I’ve worked at all kinds of jobs. I’ve earned my piddly little SS check.

Our parents were the Greatest Generation. They went through the Depression and WW2. They produced the Boomers and we were the young generation that wasn’t worth a durn. Gee, we just can’t win!!
LOL LOL LOL

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Simpleterrier For the most part I basically agree with what you say. I also raised a son that has a work ethic and knows what doing without is like. DS also is basically pretty conservative and good with his money. Otherwise DS wouldn't have been able to buy and put up his house (a modular), buy another 10 acres right around the corner; speculate, buy (and then sell at a profit), a 5+ acre piece of property at a courthouse sale, or another 5 acre piece that he bought at a "closeout sale " that he now is trying to sell... or buy the 85 acre farm for over 200,000 and 2 years later buy the house and 3 acres that originally went with it at another 100,000 + because the guy couldn't make the payments because he was too lazy to take a job that was "beneath him" and he was about 50 then... or go deep in debt to buy the 110 acre farm that belonged to the friend that passed away... that he finally bought when the widow decided that she wanted to sell... because he wants to retire at 56 when he is eligible from his state job and still have a bit of a life and ability left to be able to farm...
But there are countless others that did not grow up with the same ethics... and yes, the parents are greatly at fault... as I had stated a few posts ago, the parents wanted the kids to not have to "struggle" like they did, but they went WAY TOO FAR in the other direction and did not make the kids learn that it wasn't all easy....
the "entitled" attitude comes some from the parents that "made it easy" for the kids. BUT.... all that aside..... the ones in their late 20's through mid 40's are supposed to BE ADULTS..... Grow up and take some responsibility for your life too... I didn't learn everything from my parents... I have eyes and ears and can learn from others... I can see what is going on in day to day life.... I do not put "having fun" ahead of my responsibilities...If some of them would just stop and think a little they might see some things.

You obviously have seen things, your parents may have done a great job of making sure you grew up with some ethics and sense of responsibilty..... But again, you are an adult and are conducting yourself as one. Unfortunately I know several of guys/gals that are in the 30-40 yr old range with parents that did try to raise them right and they got on the lazy train and decided why should I work for things when so and so is getting it for nothing... and then they go so far as to say it isn't fair that my DS has this and has that.... He did more than sit on the video games and facebook and the phone, all that crap... he worked..... and I think he spends too much time on his phone too....

I don't have the answers either... I only had 1 child because I could not afford more and I did not believe in having a child out of wedlock...my moral compass in effect there... and there are alot of people that may have had a child without the benefit of marriage... and did not keep having babies to just get bigger checks every year.... and the children have not had any real decent upbringing... so that is the parents fault too. But it is society's fault for constantly making excuses for these people and not making them take responsibility for their children. I have always said that ANYONE can make a mistake, have a baby without being married... I will even give them the benefit of the doubt and allow a 2nd unplanned pregnancy.... BUT after that it needs to be SEWN SHUT OR CUT OFF ..... It is not my responsibility to support the children you keep having.... PERIOD.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why do u think COVID was released. Maybe to get rid of some older people who will be on ss and in the homes.
:lol: :lol: not working! I'm here in my OWN home, taking care of me. Still working by choice and getting SS I earned and paid for.....have paid into medicare for 12 yrs and never a claim. Since I work, I'm still paying into SS just like you youngsters. I'll gladly train anyone who wants to learn, not just show up to watch. I pay my own bills. Owning my home is more important than a fancy new car and expensive phone. I've had my share of fancy cars, too.

There are plenty your age who do well. There are plenty who want to stay home, do nothing and wait for money to appear. Certainly there has been moral decline and ethical devaluation in society. It spans many generations. With current media, we hear more about it, faster......no more pony express. 🤣. It's life.

Shelf shortages aren't that huge for me. I've seen far worse things in my life.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No he doesn’t. Nor anyone else. I’m not offended and there is truth in what he said. It just doesn’t apply to me or anyone else here. There are pampered, worthless individuals out there that are too good to work and think they are owed a living. People who did well in life spoiled their children and raised up brats. Those brats became adults, failures at life. Those types span the generations, not just Boomers. Many parents did everything right, kids turned to drugs and rejected everything they were taught. Around here we call ‘em Meth Monkeys. LOL

Worker shortages? I remember being taught about over population and how a couple should only have 2 children to replace themselves and not contribute to over populating the world. I guess we failed, we got Covid as population reduction. By the way, I had 2 children. Couldn’t afford more. That drum of over population has been beating for a long time.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And that is why I like @Baymule.

So to sum up what I said what farmerjan said and baymule said. There are young people who don't wanna work there are older people who are done working that was the largest work force who didn't produce as many babies and I agree u can't pay for them don't have them. I have to and can't have more and yes have talked about adopting to help but I don't have a heart I I honestly can't say if I could love a child who is not mine so we haven't adopted. The shortages are gonna get worse due to the work force retiring and not wanting to work. Our stock piles are gone in everything try to get tractor parts truck parts a new mixer or dishwasher. It's gonna take along time to rebuild with more workers then we ever had or needed before cause of the load that is naturally added to our system from many different directions.

I'm just pointing out a different side view and what I have seen. We try to help out at our church but the people who have been doing the work for 30yrs don't want to hand over the responsibility to the younger ones. Example being told how to serve ice cream by an old lady at an ice cream social. Others would have quite. I got yelled at by her for an hr. But I'm stubborn. I'm sorry I'm an adult as others on here said I can scoop ice cream. Leave me alone. And if u would have left others alone maybe they wouldn't have quite. I've been cussed out on job sites because I'm young and dumb and don't know what I'm doing. I waited until the next day when the guy finally saw u can't run duct threw a two foot steal beam. Like I said others have quite and would quite.