Sick buckling-any advice?

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Another thing crossed my mind...do you have any neomycin sulfate or Scour Check on hand?

If so, I'd be tempted to try that and see if he improves. It could be bacterial.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Another thing crossed my mind...do you have any neomycin sulfate or Scour Check on hand?

If so, I'd be tempted to try that and see if he improves. It could be bacterial.
I second that!

animalsRawsome

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Roll farms said:

I have no idea what that is, so unless it's maybe called something else, I don't have any. What is it, and where can I get it? Thanks again, you guys are great!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Well, if you are going to the vet tomorrow anyway, then you can probably ask the vet what he/she would recommend, otherwise you can get it at TSC or the farm store. Otherwise until then, you can give your kid some fluids every couple hours until then. (a little warm water with a teaspoon of molasses to get him to take the water)

animalsRawsome

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Why do I want to give him fluids? I assume he is still nursing off of mom...

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Are you sure he is nursing? Check her udder and make sure. Sometimes babies, when they are sick don't nurse as much as they usually do. At one month old, he would normally also be drinking water from the trough and he probably isn't doing that if he is sick. So a couple cc's of water extra will be helpful to him. Also, you do want to make sure he has extra fluids when they have a bad tummy ache so they can flush out whatever is in there. (dilution is always good)

animalsRawsome

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Good point. I will spend some time down there watching him and see... He has a sister, so I can't check her udder, as she is acting fine and I'm sure she is nursing even if he isn't.